it is now official

As of the 22 December p&o ferrymasters will have no trucks it will all be subbies. When I started 5 years ago they were over a 100 trucks now 25 soon be none. So looks like new year new job just need to find one. never mind

brett73:
As of the 22 December p&o ferrymasters will have no trucks it will all be subbies. When I started 5 years ago they were over a 100 trucks now 25 soon be none. So looks like new year new job just need to find one. never mind

And most off those subbies will be foreign, I know i shouldnt be zenophobic, but its probably the truth :unamused: .

What part off the country you in, if its east anglia felixstowe still seems busy.

Good luck with your hunting :wink:

Have they cut back on their trailer fleet / general work load?

ajt:
Have they cut back on their trailer fleet / general work load?

Not as such, although Irish sea freight volumes are down & far less predictable.

Brett I may be wrong but 143 trucks rings a bell when I started out of Fleetwood nearly 7 years ago.

Guess you’re East Coast. Yep, the last 27 units going back. I heard from the horses mouth by chance a few days ago.

Freight costs 20p a kilometer less to move by subbie than own fleet.

Driveroneuk:
Freight costs 20p a kilometer less to move by subbie than own fleet.

That is MADNESS!!

Subbies can’t be doing themselves any favours there.

i am based teeside they are keeping the work and trailers. A lot more poles coming through hull

i am based teeside they are keeping the work and trailers. A lot more poles coming through hull

I used to enjoy my occasional runs into Teesport. All nice and quiet at the w/ends :slight_smile: