P&O FERRYMASTERS

Have just told all their office staff in fleetwood they have been given 30days notice, also the drivers have been told that when the lease is up on the wagons thats there job over (ie; if there is 40, 54plate wagons due to go bak from lease they will lay off 40 drivers until the company has gone) thats the plan anyways

i know this as my dad drives for them out of liverpool !

times r bad, was parked up at 12.30 today no work, been told to have monday off as there is no work 3 out of 8 wagons r working !

blackpoolgazette.co.uk/black … 4603372.jp

Rikki-UK:
http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/blackpoolnews/Jobs-axed-as-Fleetwood-P0.4603372.jp

bad news tha !

mark, what fleet no. does Dad drive?

P&O in Larne have gotten rid of all their trucks and drivers now using all subbies,they did that in Dublin years ago and all the subbies went on strike and they had to buy new lorries,but a lot of years ago,cant see that happening now,who wants Lorries?.
derek

I bet the dock at Fleetwood will be full of Polish & Czech motors in the next month :imp:

glad i didnt get the job working for them out of hull they will be next :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Ferrymasters have shut up shop several times in the past when times are hard, they just sub everything out till the job picks up again.

Driveroneuk:
mark, what fleet no. does Dad drive?

1077 he drives, its a northern irish reg 1,

my guvnor has laid 10 drivers off up to now and he lost a contract to either betz or waberers poxy eastern block. Maybe next year we will see a decline in numbers of them(heres hoping)

Dont hold your breath,theyll be here for a while. :frowning: