Overnight Parking in Scotland

About to start regular nights out in Scotland. I have the wee green book of truckstops, but they are few and far between up here.

Where do you guys park up North of the Border??

Truck & Driver had a book of truck stops out a while ago. Maybe you could try that.
I have found that there is a lot of places off the A9 and most of them are free parking, free shower and good food.
May have changed by now been a while since I did nights out. :smiley:

I know of a nice stop in a wee place called Newtonmore. The food is great and the guys who stop there are generally regulars so are all quite chummy. There’s showers, a bar, and even rooms if you want one.

Which part of scotland will you be doing most?there,s a fair few south of glasgow,and then hartshill,services or the trucker preferance the exit before cant now think of the name shame on me,spent most of one december up there bloody cold minus 7 most nights woke up and looked out of the window pure white. :slight_smile:

You used to be able to park outside a club/pub in Cupar Angus if going North it is on the right as you start to leave the village Shower, Sauna, food, bar. :smiley:

lostpup, all depends where your going, as said you have harthill first 2hours free, then theres the one on the old A8 can’t think off the name if coming from edinburgh heading towards glasgow go past harthill take next junction (j5) turn left about 1mile you 'll see it on left.ps watch out for the locals.then edinburgh you have a few industrial estates with eating places near by. dunfrmline you have the kingdom services(popular)got everything you need,think its £10 a nite.stirling the famous granada sevices £10 a nite got the things you need, but normally filled with the turkish etc for 3-4 days waiting for backloads.you have the cattle market about 1mile up road,if you can block out the cows in the background.milk only. :laughing: or you have sprinkherse ind est, local town not far away for eating and drinking.you will find more on your travels, but hope these few help you out sometime. :wink:

Thanks guys. I know of the one at Newtonmore. Couper Angus is useful to know of. All others mentioned I either know of or are within spitting distance of home (I’m in Edinburgh).

Unfortunately, don’t start the job til Monday, so not sure of regular routes yet. I’ll ask again when I know more.

Thanks for the tips tho.

who you starting with on monday? if you don’t mind me asking

Lesmahagow was always my favourite :wink: :wink: :wink: