Over night parking above carlise / boarders

I’ve got a 3 day stint doing 3 drops in Scotland starting in Glasgow on Thursday so I will be driving up from SO507DZ Southampton tomorrow and will use a 10 hour drive time day
So where’s best to stop Free preferably or cheap not fussed by food
18t ridged curtain side

lockerbie truckstop if possible,junction 17,m74 ,up slip road turn right 200yds at roundabout turn left,follow a7076 and truckstop comes up on your right ,ten quid to park ,security gaurd all night,good food, good bar showers etc.next morning turn right out of truckstop,follow 7076 to johnstonebridge then back on m74 at junction 16, glasgow one and a half hours drive ,i will pm you my phone number as i live up the road if you want a layby no problem and you can use my shower .

scrotumscratcher:
you can use my shower .

Where DD when you need him :open_mouth:

he’s booked in for a scrub down on thursday :unamused:

Carlisle truckstop.
Penrith truckstop.
Teebay truckstop.
Lesmagow truckstop about 22 south of Glasgow, all these are payable.
Free parking in Gretna Green in layby by the old wedding chapel , now a tea room or in the car park of the hotel .
Good Chinese takeaway in the village centre.
Garage does a good hot breakfast opposite the Mcarthur Glen shopping mall.
Free parking in the fuel station past the Dvsa checkpoint before the Scottish border.

Penrith is a crap hole now and you can’t get in for Jenkinson tippers and where you can park is a lunar surface mudpit/dustbowl where you get woken all night by the trailer swap guys.

Not been in Carlisle for a while so can’t comment but you can park on the roadside next to McDonalds just down the road from it if you’re a tightwad and there’s a pub round the corner.

I’m in Lockerbie at least once or twice a week on nights - don’t park near the top end or the left hand side where there is no tarmac because those are the areas where they do trailer swaps. At the top end near the railway embankment we’re doing trailer swaps there from 7pm to until nearly 2am and Quayside do trailer swaps there with fridges as well.

Watch parking beside McDs at Carlisle, every now and again they have a purge and ticket trucks for parking with no lights.
Not very often but I’ve warned you.
You could come off at 42 left, left at lights (with Tesco on rhs) on ind estate.
There is a Toby carvery next to Tesco and a bar on the estate, The Auctioneer.

Thanks guys I will try Carlisle on tomorrow night hopefully

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robroy:
…You could come off at 42 left, left at lights (with Tesco on rhs) on ind estate.

That’s J43. Rosehill.

I’m at Lockerbie but I’ll have to move Truk just realised parked in trailer swap area
And this is dinner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was in Carlisle truck stop last week and there was a lot of work going on in the waggon park.
Over half of the parking area has been fenced off and it appears to be getting used as a Stobbart depo .
As for the food I stopped eating there a long time ago as it is rubbish.

glad you made it pal ,as truckstops go it’s not bad ,enjoy your time in scotland it’s a great place

nickb67:

robroy:
…You could come off at 42 left, left at lights (with Tesco on rhs) on ind estate.

That’s J43. Rosehill.

That is correct…I was just testing you :smiley: :blush: :blush: