A90 between Strathcathro & Aberdeen

Any Ideas for sunday night anyone? Used to A9 on sundays not A90,just wanted to get as close to granite city as poss.

I’ve used Badentoy industrial estate a few times, no facilites but very quiet especially on a sunday night.
Come of the A90 at Portlethen and turn left at the top of the slip ,estate is 2 minutes up the road.
Top end of Badentoy avenue is where I parked.

Thanks for that. Had thought about there but didn’t know whether it was curtain slashing country or not.

Thought strathcathro would be ya best, plenty of parking and facilities. Just make sure you’ve already had a shower tho’. Unless they’ve re-done them in the last couple of years, and still only about 40min fe aberdeen…

Aye, normally use it when sthbound but need to max me hrs today so start clean next wk. Ok though now as my drop in Aberdeen city centre have given me permission to park in their delivery area so job’s a gud un. Back down tomorrow reload tuesday & back up the A9, that’s more like it. :slight_smile:

FLIP:
Aye, normally use it when sthbound but need to max me hrs today so start clean next wk. Ok though now as my drop in Aberdeen city centre have given me permission to park in their delivery area so job’s a gud un. Back down tomorrow reload tuesday & back up the A9, that’s more like it. :slight_smile:

I’ll be on the A9 on tuesday, who are you on for and I’ll keep an eye out for you. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Is the truck stop still open at Newtonmore, just on the left on the old road just before the town nth bnd. Used to be a decent stop. The owner used to run a hotel in the town aswell, and if you ordered any of the specials he used to fetch it from the main hotel in his car…

what has happened to the Davidsons Mugiemoss site, is it a housing estate now?

gunnerheskey:
Is the truck stop still open at Newtonmore, just on the left on the old road just before the town nth bnd. Used to be a decent stop. The owner used to run a hotel in the town aswell, and if you ordered any of the specials he used to fetch it from the main hotel in his car…

Yeh mate still open, new owners now but still a very good place to stop .
In fact had a very nice curry when I stayed there last night. :smiley: :smiley:

alfa man:

gunnerheskey:

Cheers alfa man i’ll still keep that one logged… What about Ballinluig, the BP garage and cafe just north of pitlocry is that still open, and the old cafe at Dalbeatie… ?

gunnerheskey:
What about Ballinluig, the BP garage and cafe just north of pitlocry is that still open, and the old cafe at Dalbeatie… ?

Ballinluig cafe and BP garage are still open.I use this place for fuel but i much prefer Newtonmore for on ovenight cos there’s more space and it’s alot quieter .
Dalbeatie , not sure mate.

Gunner heskey. Yep Newtonmore still top spot & ballinluig ok,was there tuesday. did you mean Dalwhinnie rather than Dalbeattie? If so yep it’s still going but more tourist orientated. As for Dalbeattie then that would be Ind.Est. parking for me mate.

Alfama. Sorry mate am only online when home or at the occasional customers using their gear. Missed you now but am piloting plain two tone green with red chassis 4 series Hi-line 6 legger rigid. No name just phone number across backdoors as due to most of our loads my gaffer doesn’t want too much publicity if you get my drift :wink:

ps. Gunner, are there many of yours on the road as your motors are very recognisable? I either see you a lot or there’s a few of you about :laughing: See quite a few 8 leggers I presume belong to your crew but your artics must be pretty unique this side of the channel mate

ive stopped on the IE at portlethen a few time asda within easy walking distance

Millar st Aberdeen round corner from Shore Porters used to be a designated truck park, is it now?

Wheel Nut:
what has happened to the Davidsons Mugiemoss site, is it a housing estate now?

it hasnt changed a bit mate, it is now industrial units and a yard for arr craibs

if you parking at stracathro bring ya wellies n snorkel as the lorry park is a sea of mud

alfa man:

gunnerheskey:

Friend of mine stopped there last night, and recommends it.

Ken.

heading n/b take 2nd exit for laurencekirk, vets on right turn right into industrial estate, decent park up, its really quiet, pub just round the corner, really friendly

grahamzx6r:
heading n/b take 2nd exit for laurencekirk, vets on right turn right into industrial estate, decent park up, its really quiet, pub just round the corner, really friendly

and theres a sit down chippy on that ind est too

Alright. I will stand the slagging off and taunts, but if you are leaving home just to do a 9 or 10 hour drive, in a lorry with airconditioning and modcons, are you really going to need a shower that evening? Have one at home, have another one while you are tipping on Monday morning :stuck_out_tongue: