Opperation stack caused by the french again

I am being held to ransom yet again by sea france and no one gives a jot it is impossible to get any information off anyone about waiting times all i can do is listen to the local radio and they are quite good but info for tourist not us.
The local police on the job here have no information for us and the eurotunnel helpline only give wait times once you are at the terminal ,so who nows how long the wait will be i have now been queueing since 1500 and have moved 3 km between j8 and j9 on the m20.
The Dover queue has not m

Ah !! The joys of the booming trade with the EU !! Even if no one else is saying nothing, i’m thinking of ya !!!

Had a call from a mate earlier he was stuck at calais for 9 hrs earlier today got back to the uk today at 19.30.

Gotta look on the bright side though, all the rate cutting slags from the east are stuck in it too :smiling_imp:

At least the Frogs stick together.

Ken.

I went out Wed and came back Thurs. Went out and back with Norfolk. Arrived at Dunkerque at 1330 yesterday and was booked onto the 2000 sailing. Arrived at Dover Wednesday at 1130 and was booked onto the 1400 sailing. Remember they only sail every 2 hours so that wasn’t a bad delay either way under the circumstances.
Oh, and I managed to by pass OpStack in case you’re wondering how long I waited before Dover :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’ve never done continent so could anyone tell me if when they do this ‘stack’ thing, do they let the homeward bound drivers go first :question: :question:

NOT likely,

ROG:
I’ve never done continent so could anyone tell me if when they do this ‘stack’ thing, do they let the homeward bound drivers go first :question: :question:

I don’t believe so, Rog but then as I have never sat in one I wouldn’t know. One of our drivers was a numpty of the highest order Wed. He tipped at Paddock Wood at 7am and drove straight out onto the M20 and sat there all day. When he had reached Ashford, he decided he had had enough so went into the truck stop for the night. He came out in the morning and drove straight down to Dover where the Police sent him to the back of the queue again!!! Three of us were sat on Dunkerque Dock yesterday afternoon waiting to return when he drove off the ferry. He simply refused to believe that all three of us had started the day behind him, and that we had all been out to Venlo (in my case, tipped Baarlo too) and returned.

TheBear:
Oh, and I managed to by pass OpStack in case you’re wondering how long I waited before Dover :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i don’t know who actually participates in op stack, cos every driver you meet dodged the queue :unamused: maybe just the hoardes of foreigners :laughing:

Left a layby on the A22 just off M25 at 2.30 on Wed morning. Got to Eastern Docks roundabout at 2pm, having spent all day on M20. Had a few mins queing on roundabout watching all the wagons trying to get into the docks via the A2. Copper was turning them all away up the A20 to join the queue if they did not have the bright orange pass the plods were giving out as you got to the front of the stack. Eventually got a ferry at 7.30, and just managed to squeeze in to park on the hard shoulder of the Rocade Est outside the ferry port at 8.45 pm. Took one look at all the immigrants walking around down in the dip and stuck a ratchet strap across my door handles before I went to bed.
Just as bad trying to get back across today. Left Adinkerke at 2.30 am and parked up in Plymouth at 5.20pm. Not fun

jj72:

TheBear:

i don’t know who actually participates in op stack, cos every driver you meet dodged the queue :unamused: maybe just the hoardes of foreigners :laughing:

There is just one way that I have established, jj … I will pm you it but no bloody way am I posting it! and of course, you need a bit of luck

Having never had the pleasure of queing in Operation Stack can I ask are there toilet facilities are provided? Or are people scuttling off into the fields etc by the hard shoulder?

Is it also true that one enterprising individual was allowed to drive up and down in a mobile burger / sandwich van supplying food at silly prices!! :laughing:

They put in portaloos every 50 yards or so, but you still have to put up with the foreigners piddling against their wheels, usually against the offside wheel so that everyone heading in the other direction can see them over the central reservation. Couple that with the carrier bags full of all the other crap that they just throw out of the cab, and it does not make for a very pleasant place to stay.

if it delays some of the riff raff that gets here may the strike last longer well done the frogs

Bilgepump:
They put in portaloos every 50 yards or so, but you still have to put up with the foreigners piddling against their wheels, usually against the offside wheel so that everyone heading in the other direction can see them over the central reservation. Couple that with the carrier bags full of all the other crap that they just throw out of the cab, and it does not make for a very pleasant place to stay.

Of course British drivers gather all their rubbish up and dont crap either in bushes do they?

LOL Wheelnut, dont be cynical. We dont all do it…

I for one dont, but i see alot that do, no wonder joe public dont want trucks parking in their streets, eh?

Drivers are their own worst enemy.

BAG IT, BOTTLE IT, THEN BIN IT!

TheBear:

jj72:

TheBear:

There is just one way that I have established, jj … I will pm you it but no bloody way am I posting it! and of course, you need a bit of luck

having just spoken to thebear today i now know his little secret way of avoiding op stack.
i can tell you all its a gem and will work 99.9% of the time.

pearler bloody pearler. :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

TheBear wrote:

jj72 wrote:
TheBear wrote:
Oh, and I managed to by pass OpStack in case you’re wondering how long I waited before Dover

i don’t know who actually participates in op stack, cos every driver you meet dodged the queue maybe just the hoardes of foreigners

I thought my way was foolproof but i joined the wrong convoy they went strait on to Dover and when i turned in to the tunnel the local plods turned me back to join the stack under ■■■■■■ which cost me 6 hours .
There was six of us heading for Boulogne and four got around the stack so it must be a bit of luck as well.

It has just been on the radio that it is now over and the roads are clear. Dont quote me though :stuck_out_tongue: