Eurotunnel Calais

Anybody used Eurotunnel, this week, if so whats it been like, has the new holding area been finished yet, if so, is it any better, and safer?

I use it every week, there has been no queuing outside if that’s what you mean (when I used it)

Hopefully all the daft media hype will stop now, it was only flaring up due to the usual delays coupled with the building works.

Listening to the radio and hearing endless tosh about “drivers in fear” etc gave an interesting glimpse into just how manipulated we are by the press.

Muppets

Flaring up because of the usual delays, that is a bit of a contradiction surely. Do you really feel it hasn’t got worse?

When ever there is a problem in the tunnels it has a knock on effect as you know, causes a backlog of waiting trucks, they end up queuing back from the terminal onto the motorway, this is when there is a prob, when trucks have stopped.

The building works is no doubt being done in order to speed up the whole checkin/security process but in carrying out the work the work itself causes queues!

Hence usual delays coupled with building works.

Bach home:
I use it every week, there has been no queuing outside if that’s what you mean (when I used it)

Hopefully all the daft media hype will stop now, it was only flaring up due to the usual delays coupled with the building works.

Listening to the radio and hearing endless tosh about “drivers in fear” etc gave an interesting glimpse into just how manipulated we are by the press.

Muppets

Thanks Bach, if you come through it this week, in day, do us a favour, and post what it’s like chap please.

I will be there Tuesday morning between 0500 - 0630 I reckon.
Will try and remember to.

I came through at 10am yesterday morning and there were no problems whatsoever. I was in my car however but I was keeping an eye out on the freight side and it appeared to actually be very quiet.

DFDS are not sailing from Dover to Calais this morning due to ind action however they are still running Dover Dunkirk… Chunnel a mess both sides due to “Boundary breach” in Calais and delays from last night.
I’m currently sat looking at truck queues on the autoroute at the tunnel exit in Calais due to a fire at the exit (immigrant caused?)

Bach home:

Thats sods law, you give a cheery “yeah the tunnels been fine” Glass half full attitude :smiley:

Get asked to report situation this week :question:

perkibre:
Thanks Bach, if you come through it this week, in day, do us a favour, and post what it’s like chap please.

And its all gone to [zb] :imp:

Bach home:
DFDS are not sailing from Dover to Calais this morning due to ind action however they are still running Dover Dunkirk… Chunnel a mess both sides due to “Boundary breach” in Calais and delays from last night.
I’m currently sat looking at truck queues on the autoroute at the tunnel exit in Calais due to a fire at the exit (immigrant caused?)

Remember, its allways Glass half empty :wink:

Ha ha sorry dude, it’s one of those perfect storm days here, a shot storm!
I’m queued on autoroute with hundreds of other lucky beggers.

Dover congested… of course and getting ready to implement stack on M20 between Jct 8 & Jct 9 already
as its clearly the normal Tuesday build up coming later.

Bach home:

Brilliant, thanks Bach for up date, luckily I’m not coming over for next week or more, but at least I can pass info on to others who are… Cheers.