Operation stack 1

got stuck in this wednesday took 10hrs from j7 to j10

Lovely weather for a que tho, it’s usually raining or snowing when im in em
steve

JUST think of all that money saved on parking fees, and you are able to
sit and read that book you have had in the cabin for the last two weeks,

Dave, I had nothing but sympathy for you guys on Wed!!!
I pottered into Calais on Wed afternoon about 120pm. I had already seen the queue for the train stretching along the motorway. I went in the Dunes for fuel and while i there, got told the port was shut and nothing was running. As I left the Dunes, I noticed trucks leaving the port. so I went in. I went up to the P&O booth, booked onto the boat that was sitting there and on I went!!! I asked the girl in the booth about the strike. She said Sea France HAD been on strike, gone back at midday, gone on strike again at 1230, and back to work at 1pm lolol
Anyway, we crossed the Channel and as I was leaving the port, I noticed there were NO trucks in there waiting for sailings. The port was pretty empty. I meandered up the road and saw THREE trucks at the Junc 11 stack waiting to go down to the port!! The queue for the train was stretching out onto the motorway■■? WHY■■?
Anyway, I carried on up the motorway and was gobsmacked to see nearly 10 miles of standing stacked trucks at Junc 8 (or was it 9?) What the hell were the Police playing at■■? I even phoned the Radio 2 traffic line to advise anyone going to Dover to use the M2/A2 route.

And I complain if the traffic is running slowly through Oxford on the A34 :stuck_out_tongue:

Poole and Portsmouth have some benefits :smiley: