Dover----- 12.48 Hrs

For your information…

Dover is heaving with traffic at this time (12.48)… Long wait on A20 to get into the Docks… Best route still A2… Tunnel… Still long, long delays.

I expect they will strat operation stack before to much longer… Deep Joy !

lol…nothing changes…Dover’s popularity has never waned :wink:

Well its clearer past the office now… 17.25 but only as they have implemeted Phase one of Operation Stack. !!

As the police bulletins would say… “Avoid the area”

I was thinking earlier today… (rare… I know!) If you were delivering to Dover, can you drive straight through or do you have to sit in the queue?

If you are delivering in Dover then you can go straight through, but if you think you can be a smart arse and try avoiding the stack then sorry you have no chance as from what I remember you are given a pass number to allow you into thr docks without it you have no chance,

Paul

Neville:
For your information…

Dover is heaving with traffic at this time (12.48)… Long wait on A20 to get into the Docks… Best route still A2… Tunnel… Still long, long delays.

I expect they will strat operation stack before to much longer… Deep Joy !

do you pass your lads a cuppa out of the office window while they are in the queue. :wink:

Truth is… we avoid thev area… my blokes either go another route… or hold back and wait until it clears… you will rarely see one of our trialers in stack…
Its our foreign friends who like the long lines of waiting trucks… they get paid whatever. !

Trubrit:
lol…nothing changes…Dover’s popularity has never waned :wink:

Yep always popular, especially with foriegners. Some German bloke wanted to hold his works party there in 1940, but as always the locals kicked up a fuss so it was no go. :smiley:

MIKE BEER RULES!!!

Sorry Neville!! :smiley:

On a serious note after coming off the Tunnel last night to be greated by operation stack (Luckily on the otherside) again when is Kent Council going to get its finger out of its bottom and sort the truck park out.

Alot who don’t puddle jump can’t comprehend the amount of trucks using the M20 and how quickly it get snarled up. If I finish early today and stack is still in operation I think I might get some photo’s for the site.

Wanted- Euro Work Kent based £1-90 per mile loaded or empty, paid channel crossing, free trailer rental paid fortnightly. Relief driver supplied on the E40 at Brussels so I can sleep instead of just sitting there for 2 hours reading the back doors of a Turkish wagon over and over again!! :open_mouth: :wink:

Paul:
If you are delivering in Dover then you can go straight through, but if you think you can be a smart arse and try avoiding the stack then sorry you have no chance as from what I remember you are given a pass number to allow you into thr docks without it you have no chance,

Paul

Dont know if you can still get away with it but i used to say to the o/b
“ime dropping the trailer in the utp” - worked for me more than once
:slight_smile:

Hah… I just saw your post…
Who is Mike Beer…■■ Oh I remember he is the bloke who financed everything including his Helecopter… then sold out !! …(Perhaps he had the right idea after all ?)

Blimey Neville does t’tinternet have a delay on it in Dover!! LOL

I take it the rates are okay then, 3 new Magnums available when you want them

Better Tell Sandy to put them trucks back in the showroom then!! :slight_smile:

N2N Transport:
Better Tell Sandy to put them trucks back in the showroom then!! :slight_smile:

I think the good lord is a bit busy :smiley:

No its just getting older I miss the odd post… !! … Magnum ? The only Magnum I know is an ice cream… Surely you mean Volvo ?