On friday

Interesting place to find a post like this !!
If you visit the newbies forum then you will find that most do intensive 5, 7 or 10 day courses with a test already booked on the last day of the course.
It’s an LGV C course first and then, once passed, you can go for LGV C+E.

click the link in my signature if you want any tips for the LGV courses :slight_smile:

As for the ADR bit…
YOU MIGHT NEED…

I’M SURE HE WILL BE ALONG SOON :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Or you can click the picture of the ADR Truck to send him a PM (Private Message) :bulb:

MRC:
I know you need the ADR certificate and stuff for Fuel and oils but not sure what else for… any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Hi MRC, The ADR certificate is needed by drivers who will carry packaged dangerous goods over and above certain sizes/quantities/weights. Tanker drivers need an ADR certificate including the tanker module when carrying dangerous goods in a road tanker which exceeds 1,000ltrs capacity OR a tank container which exceeds 3,000ltrs capacity.

Dangerous goods are defined as any substance or article that appears in ADR’s dangerous goods list, or has the dangerous properties of a substance or article that appears in that list.

An ADR certificate is entirely optional at this stage of your training, but my advice is that you should forget about it altogether at this point. It’s only necessary to hold an ADR certificate in the above circumstances and there’s NO linkage between an ADR certificate and your present LGV driver training.

There is no age limit specified in ADR, all you need is the relevant driving licence for the vehicle you wish to drive and the relevant ADR certificate for packages/tanks and the UN Class(es) you will carry.

To drive a fuel tanker, you’ll need a minimum ADR licence of Core/Tanks/UN Class 3 (Flammable liquids)
Lube oil doesn’t normally need an ADR trained tanker driver, because lube oil is usually ‘out-of-scope.’

Liam, I’ve moved this to newbies as I think it will get more replies :wink:

MRC:
I started my long journey to becoming a HGV/LGV (whatever they are called these days).

It’s a “lorryist” according to top gear.

Good Luck,
Paul

i found most of the time it took to get to c+e was waiting. You go for your medical and send off for provisional then wait. You get that back and book theory & HP then wait. You then book your practical, mine was 4x4 hours training mon to thurs then test friday, then you send your license off and wait. When it comes back you book c+e then wait. Same 5 days to get c+e.

As for actually learning to drive it once you’ve passed, well i still can’t drive the dam thing but i haven’t hit anything or got stuck yet so not a complete desaster :laughing:

MRC:
I started to learn to drive 2 months ago doing one lesson per week

A lot of LGV training schools have now done this as an option but they can find it difficult to plan for as most of the courses are ‘intensive’ ones which tend to fill up their working week.

Tha advantage is that, like the car L training, the test is not booked until the trainee is deemed ready to take it.

This way of doing it will not work for everyone but it’s nice to have the option if learning this way is better for the individual concerned.