ADR training.

Hi all,

I’ve booked my ADR training for next week (core, tanks & class 3)

Is there much too this course? I understand there’s exams at the end. Would appreciate any feedback on what to expect etc.

Appreciate your feedback in advance.

Don’t sweat it, you’ll be absolutely fine.

Keep your ears open, take notes, and trust the instructor to tell you everything you’ll need to know - DON’T try looking stuff up for yourself before the course, you’ll end up in knots!
At the end of the course you’ll have three multi-choice exams (60 questions total), and off you go!

Good luck!

khdgsa:
Don’t sweat it, you’ll be absolutely fine.

Keep your ears open, take notes, and trust the instructor to tell you everything you’ll need to know - DON’T try looking stuff up for yourself before the course, you’ll end up in knots!
At the end of the course you’ll have three multi-choice exams (60 questions total), and off you go!

Good luck!

+1

Alot of it is common sense, on the tanks side of it (if you have never driven a fully loaded liquid tanker before) pay attention to the roll over part, yeah the vids are old but rollovers still happen.

Once driving a tanker always stay on the hard stuff leave verges well alone!

Brilliant, thanks guys. I understand about liquids etc. But never driven a tanker before so will definitely take note of this! Cheers!

UPDATE

Just finished studying core and class 3 flammable liquids. I have my exam tomorrow for both of these sections. Slightly nervous about core. Was quite a lot of information to take in although I do have some practice questions to go through tonight. Flammable liquid section seems pretty easy.

Tanker module starts tomorrow afternoon and then all day Friday with the camera Friday afternoon. I am the only one sitting the tank module.

Fingers crossed as they are crying out for tanker drivers by me and I’m only 2.1 miles from a terminal.

Camera!!■■ :open_mouth:

Tell more, as I’m thinking of doing my ADR soon, so I’d like to know what I’m letting myself in for… :blush:

But still undecided whether to do both tanks and packages, or one or the other… :neutral_face:

Although, we had diesel delivered to work on Monday and I got a chance to chat…

He said to go for everything as you never know what may crop up job wise…

The camera bit is merely a spelling mistake bloody phones! Meant to say tankers.

It is interesting but go in depth with a lot of stuff which will probably never be relevant.

There is 3 other blokes doing the course with me and they are doing all the classes and they are struggling to take in all the information it is quite a lot to take in considering you have an exam for every class, a core exam, a tanker exam and a packages exam.

If required I’ll add classes as I need too.

And breathe… :blush:

As for the exams…

Is there an exam for ‘each’ package (making it 7 exams), or is it just 1 exam for the whole of the packages…■■

You have an exam for each class so if you do full ADR you have:
Core
Tanks and packages
7 classes

Total of 10 exams

Minimum is Core, tanks or packages and 1 class so 3 exams.

Ta…

Let me know how you get on (PM if you want, in case I forget about this thread).

As there’s no dates (re)starting until end of January for courses round here, there’s really no need to hurry and worry in booking…

I had 2 of my exams this morning.

Very confident of a pass just make sure you read the questions properly.

Back in this afternoon for my tanker module.

phillips212:
You have an exam for each class so if you do full ADR you have:
Core
Tanks and packages
7 classes

Total of 10 exams

Minimum is Core, tanks or packages and 1 class so 3 exams.

That’s only one way of doing it… it’s the most expensive way too!!

The exam fees (part of the money you pay for the course) in the above case are:

£20 X 10 = £200

Once somebody has decided to do the 7 common classes, there’s an alternative that works like this for exam marking fees…

Core £20
Packages £20
Tanks £20 (optional)
Common Characteristics £20
Classes 2, 3, 6 and 8 £20
Classes 4, 5 and 9 £20

In the first way of doing the exams, the cost of marking fees is £20(marking fee per paper) X 10 (exams) = £200
In the second way of doing the exams, the cost of marking fees is £20(marking fee per paper) X 6 (exams) = £120

In both ways, the driver ends up with everything except Explosives and Radioactives, but there’s a difference of £80, which you could save. :open_mouth:

:bulb: What at first appears cheap, might actually work out to be more expensive overall, so it’s all about asking the right question at the time of making the booking. :wink:

You pay your money, you make your choice. :smiley:

‘Course Type Price Core, Packs, + 7 Classes £370.00 Core, Tanks, + 7 Classes £390.00 Core, Tanks, Packs + 7 Classes £460.00’…

This is what’s offered by TTS, Newcastle DD.

So, does this mean it’s an ‘all or nothing’ deal…?

Not sure if they’d let me tailor it, to try and save some cash after what you just explained…

All completed. Tanker module was extremely long and got quite boring at times.

Quite confident of a pass. Just have to wait for the license to come through.

Lots of jobs around in my area at the moment.