ADR training and what comes next

Hi folks

Doing my ADR course core, tanks and class 3 flammable liquids starting tomorrow. I’m assuming that hopefully ill pass come Friday. My question is this how do I get the practical experience of a tanker and all that’s involved. A company ain’t going to look at me twice if I have no experience or just a qualification

Any help please :open_mouth:

Toddy5453:
… core, tanks and class 3 flammable liquids …

Hi Toddy,

By choosing the options that you’ve chosen, you have pretty much restricted yourself to the fuel tanker sector.

It’s probably a bit late now cos of it being Monday, but I’d suggest that if you add the packages module and Class 2 to your menu, it’ll make you more employable.

Good luck in your exams! :smiley:

Dave is ded right, do the full package. Most companies out there have their own training courses, you’ll be trained to load/transport and deliver their products by either gravity, pump or under pressure.

There is no need to have experience unless your aiming for petrol, Chemicals and Gas usually like an experienced driver with no experience of their products, they can mould you to their own ways.

Good luck

fleettraineruk:
… , do the full package.

Hi,
I wasn’t suggesting Toddy did the full package, in case funds are tight, so I didn’t like to ask. :blush:

I think that if Toddy can stretch to it, he’d be well advised to take the packages module and UN class 2, because that would allow for packages work with both UN classes and tanks on his ticket, leaving him without needing to shell out for stuff he might not need.

Maybe there isn’t any general chemical work near where he lives?

Your point about the extra training given by the tanker firms is spot-on and may well work to Toddy’s advantage.

Not sure of your location but in the South West i have seen adverts for Lgv 1&2 Adr fuel tanker drivers for Ford Fuel Oils Ltd at Radstock,Somerset.
Full training given and experience not essential.
Tinknells ltd is one to enquire with.

Thanks guys

I only drive part time as I have a full time job. Therefore I couldn’t justify spending out more money than necessary.

Have sent off cv for part time casual work to work as a aircraft refuelling technician at one of the two airports near me so ill wait to see what happens

Toddy :grimacing:

dieseldave:

fleettraineruk:
… , do the full package.

Hi,
I wasn’t suggesting Toddy did the full package, in case funds are tight, so I didn’t like to ask. :blush:

I think that if Toddy can stretch to it, he’d be well advised to take the packages module and UN class 2, because that would allow for packages work with both UN classes and tanks on his ticket, leaving him without needing to shell out for stuff he might not need.

Maybe there isn’t any general chemical work near where he lives?

Your point about the extra training given by the tanker firms is spot-on and may well work to Toddy’s advantage.

Apologies :open_mouth:

Monarch air have job website for aircraft refueling.A mix of shift patterns and one would be nights.Working on air side is good for plane spotting.

Toby

saw there website yesterday and gave them a bell. Im in belfast so they said they would have a look at the two airports prob get me some work.

thanks for help :wink:

Want at least one year done in class one :cry: