ADR

Just thought i would share my happiness with the rest of you… :smiley:

Today i finished a week studying ADR, everything except Class 1, explosives & 7, Radioactive material :smiley: all the exams done and a nod and wink that its looking good for a pass.

Got to wait now for my certificate, about three weeks and than i am good to go :smiley:

oh yeh lets not forget the 21 hours of CPC i got too… :smiley:

Congratulations, can I ask please, what do you need to do for the ADR, I have done my class 2 and waiting to do my class 1 and i would also like to do my ADR

Thanks Madguy :imp:

No problem madguy, ADR isnt license specific :smiley: , their were some 7.5 ton drivers on the course i attended.

My advice is do your research for the area you live in for an ADR trainer ( dieseldave may be of some help with this :wink: ) make sure they are JAUPT registered as their are 21 hours of CPC to be had when you do your ADR :slight_smile: , and that is at no extra cost :stuck_out_tongue: , their maybe an additional cost to upload your details for the CPC part. :cry:
Some training companies around me are charging anything from £120 to no cost to upload just the CPC hours for ADR and i found out that the upload cost to JAUPT is minimal but some companies are using it as a money earner :imp: , typical of this industry really, [zb]s will rip you of any way they can if you let them. :smiling_imp:

As a LGV cat C with an ADR, you would have a few options i think, their is Calor gas and their are fuel companies who deliver fuel oil, most of their domestic deliveries are done in a Cat C but you will again have to do some research in your area on what ADR work is available, no point in spending the money if their is little or no ADR work in your area.

My advice is go for it, invest as much as you can in your self because no other [zb] will.

Happy Trucking

Rocketman:
No problem madguy, ADR isnt license specific :smiley: , their were some 7.5 ton drivers on the course i attended.

My advice is do your research for the area you live in for an ADR trainer ( dieseldave may be of some help with this :wink: ) make sure they are JAUPT registered as their are 21 hours of CPC to be had when you do your ADR :slight_smile: , and that is at no extra cost :stuck_out_tongue: , their maybe an additional cost to upload your details for the CPC part. :cry:
Some training companies around me are charging anything from £120 to no cost to upload just the CPC hours for ADR and i found out that the upload cost to JAUPT is minimal but some companies are using it as a money earner :imp: , typical of this industry really, [zb]s will rip you of any way they can if you let them. :smiling_imp:

As a LGV cat C with an ADR, you would have a few options i think, their is Calor gas and their are fuel companies who deliver fuel oil, most of their domestic deliveries are done in a Cat C but you will again have to do some research in your area on what ADR work is available, no point in spending the money if their is little or no ADR work in your area.

My advice is go for it, invest as much as you can in your self because no other [zb] will.

Happy Trucking

Hi Rocketman,

I think it’s time for one of Dave’s DCPC mythbusters. :wink:

Whilst I agree that the actual upload fee is minimal, there is a rather large chunk of expenditure for a provider that you might have missed.

The official source of what follows is publicly available here:

http://www.drivercpc.org/en/approval-fees/

So let’s imagine that an ADR provider wishes to offer 21 hours DCPC as an option to those attending for an ADR course…

Let’s say that our our imaginary provider offers 10 ADR courses per year (that’s a fair average.)

Our provider must pay JAUPT/DSA £1,500 for “center approval” valid for five years.

£1,500 divided by 5 = £300 per year.

£36 per hour - Course Approval (for a period of 1 year) e.g. 7 hour x £36 = £252

£252 per 7 hours multiplied by 3 (3 X 7 = 21hours) = £756 for the 21 hours (per year.)

£756 + 300 = £1,056.00p

So, if we work on a guesstimate of each ADR course having seven learners, and there being 10 courses per year, we can see that 70 drivers would need to share the £1,056.00p between them.

£1,056.00p divided by 70 = £15.09, this being the extra charge that the provider would need to make in order to break even.

Now we can consider the upload fee.
The upload fee is currently £1.25 per hour.
£1.25 X 7 = £8.75 (per 7 hours) therefore it’s…
£8.75 X 3 = £26.25 (for 21 hours)

Using the example above and the indisputable figures directly from the JAUPT website, each learner at our imaginary ADR provider is looking at an extra £15.09 + £26.25 = £41.34 for the provider to be doing all the necessary JAUPT stuff at break even.

If it’s a fairly new provider without an extensive ADR client list, they’re clearly going to struggle, and probably won’t be able to put on one course per month, or they can’t get seven learners all together at the same time.
The £1,056.00p needs to be at least covered, but realistically there also needs to be a profit margin in order to contribute towards all the other costs of running a business and paying wages etc.

:bulb: Being a provider isn’t the gravy train that a lot of people seem to think it is, and that’s precisely why I’m not a provider. :wink:

madguy:
Congratulations, can I ask please, what do you need to do for the ADR, I have done my class 2 and waiting to do my class 1 and i would also like to do my ADR

Thanks Madguy :imp:

As long as you have a driving licence you can do the ADR course