OMG Coils Not Secure

not a very secure load!!!

OMFG :open_mouth:

and who said coils werent dangerous?

KINELL :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

i can see that might have been a bit sore :wink: :wink:

Ouch. :frowning:

i bet thatā€™s the quickest heā€™s ever been tipped.

And just imagine, some people will be doing that work here in the UK at close to minimum wage!

it says the driver was killed jeeeze what a way to go rip fellah

Reminds me of this clip:

youtube.com/watch?v=BwBYVRAFNJE

0:22 - Nasty. :cry:

thats gonna leave a mark :open_mouth:

poor dude or dudete rip

oh and coils arenā€™t dangerous in the right hands :wink:

Gibisa, I don,t think that you would find anyone who has ever carried steel coil, who would say that it was not dangerous. The coils in that shot were loaded what is called ā€œOn the Rollā€. The only way to secure them in that position is to scotch them , preferably at the front of each coil, and scotch them at the back of the last coil. It is the most dangerous way to carry them, and is only done on a flat bottomed trailer. As that film shows, when you are forced to anchor-up sharply, you don,t stand a chance.
The normal way is crossways in a coil well up the centre of the trailer (which is the safest way) .

ps.did you notice on that link, there was an article on the R/hand side of the page,about a car driver on the M62 who killed a father and son, due to him driving while bevvied, and having a hand shandy as he drove. :unamused: :roll

Buycrider:
ps.did you notice on that link, there was an article on the R/hand side of the page,about a car driver on the M62 who killed a father and son, due to him driving while bevvied, and having a hand shandy as he drove. :unamused: :roll

Bit of a Merchant Banker then??.. :grimacing:

That looks nasty :astonished:

Makes you think eh! Just wonder what shape coffin you you need to order?

Stupot:
Makes you think eh! Just wonder what shape coffin you you need to order?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
my shape needs to change then,or there will be a large hill in birtley crem!.
poor guy though.wow.

OUCH!!! :blush:

i remember someone asking the bloke if he was busy.

he said he was flat out. :laughing:

From the page:

"In fact, whoever loaded the load killed him! "

Rubbish.

OUCH X 2 :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

A good example of why I always check any preloaded trailers before turning a wheel. Poor sod. :open_mouth:

He thought heā€™d hit the big time when his boss told him heā€™d be driving a ā€˜Rollerā€™. :open_mouth:

RIP mate.
At least it was quick. :open_mouth: