Another TNCSI Shout Out!

eveningnews24.co.uk/news/no … ry-8006612

Quite obviously the car drivers fault, but what does TNCSI think of this one :unamused:

(Yes I am joking, what a total tool!)

And people still wonder why DVSA stop us and check load security…

That could of been a fatal.

rambo19:
And people still wonder why DVSA stop us and check load security…

That could of been a fatal.

Easily.

Just needed some internals and would’ve been right :wink:

toonsy:
Easily.

The lorry driver secured that load about as much as I’d expect you to, not bothering to use ratchet straps and just relying on hopes and dreams. If you look at the dashcam pictures there’s clearly no strap holding that pack on.

Conor:

toonsy:
Easily.

The lorry driver secured that load about as much as I’d expect you to, not bothering to use ratchet straps and just relying on hopes and dreams. If you look at the dashcam pictures there’s clearly no strap holding that pack on.

Woosh.

He’d find it hard to use internals on a flat, no? Or did you miss the sarcasm in your rampant stomp to come across as a bell end at the earliest opportunity?

Being serious, there’s no excuse for that and he’s very lucky he didn’t kill someone and yes it’s pricks like this that give DVSA reason to pull others (but not me, earned recognition and and all that :wink: )

I mean if you absolutely are going to cut corners with strapping and then don’t even have the brains to slow down a lot for corners then he deserves what’s coming.

If he’d just been “driving according to the load” this wouldn’t have happened. I mean, gravity would easily have held that heavy pack of blocks down, wouldn’t it?

I’m surprised you’d get out of most of the yards you loads bricks & blocks without straps as there’s normally cameras , near office or someone watching , I remember plenty of times having to open curtains so they could check load was strapped

Number plate name in the windscreen pretty much sums it up :imp:

Foot down Friday? oh it’s Wednesday. It’s a bloody lorry not a Ferrari.

Conor:

toonsy:
Easily.

It wouldn’t have made much difference if as it looks the pack burst and collapsed before it went off the side.
Bricks/blocks need to be carried on drop/cage siders for precisely that reason.Even if it’s strapped the load security is still totally dependent on the wrapping binding of the pack.DVSA should ban the carriage of blocks etc on flats and curtainsiders.

Roymondo:
If he’d just been “driving according to the load” this wouldn’t have happened. I mean, gravity would easily have held that heavy pack of blocks down, wouldn’t it?

If the shrink wrap/banding lets go nothing will ‘hold’ it it’s just a pile of bricks on a flat trailer.It’s why they make drop/cage siders. :unamused:

Wonder if they strapped every other one as there’s a yellow edging board flying off there. Hated pulling bricks on flats especially double stacked even with lots of edging.

Pic looks more like research track footage the way that truck is flying round the corner. Insane.

Another case for driverless cars. No driver – no potential victim.

ETS:

You do know that ‘driverless’ cars are designed to carry passengers.
It’s another case of muppets using the wrong type of truck for the wrong type of load and DVSA being unfit for purpose in fixing the problem or even knowing how to.

ETS:

Other than the passengers, of course…

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Carryfast:
and DVSA being unfit for purpose in fixing the problem or even knowing how to.

How is this the fault of DVSA?

Primarily it’s the responsibility of the driver, followed by his company and their lack of training/policies etc.

It’s not as if DVSA aren’t free with their advice, they’ve got plenty of webpages on gov.uk plus a whole youtube channel, with at least four videos banging on about how important it is to secure your load.

The driver should be counting himself lucky he’s not looking at a big chunk of jail time for causing death by dangerous driving.

Zac_A:

Carryfast:
and DVSA being unfit for purpose in fixing the problem or even knowing how to.

How is this the fault of DVSA?

Primarily it’s the responsibility of the driver, followed by his company and their lack of training/policies etc.

It’s not as if DVSA aren’t free with their advice, they’ve got plenty of webpages on gov.uk plus a whole youtube channel, with at least four videos banging on about how important it is to secure your load.

The driver should be counting himself lucky he’s not looking at a big chunk of jail time for causing death by dangerous driving.

The ‘company’ gave him a flat trailer to haul packs of bricks/blocks.
The rest is all too predictable.
The only option for the driver is to tell the guvnor that he’s not hauling that type of load on that type of truck which I would.
Remind me how does ‘training’ fix that.
No I’ve not seen any advice by DVLA which recognises the dangers of hauling packs of bricks/blocks etc on flat/curtain side vehicles.
Let alone calls by them to ban the practice by saying that they can only be carried on drop/cage siders which provide the fail safe of containment of the load if/when the shrink wrap/banding fails which is all that is holding in the pack together and which is therefore all that the load security of such loads is totally dependent on.

Dangerous driving is two years in the slammer and when released retake the driving test after the ban has ended and nobody will employ you again with a criminal record on DBS checking .