Insucure load

Some one didn’t secure this very well. :laughing:

Link

:open_mouth: Very lucky she was on her errand!

Looking at the pic in the link, it looks like she just abandoned her car on the verge instead of parking it?

At least she dosent have to worry if the brakes work on her toyota now :smiley:

I used to carry quarried stone (boulders?) just the same as in the photo.When I started the job the boss said there was no need to secure them as due to the weight (5 tons ++) ‘they wont go anywhere’.I did secure any load I carried, but at the time there were other drivers who never did so, I still see drivers carrying stone who continue to just drop the load on the trailer and go.

Its still the same nowadays, drivers load bags of aggregate,blocks,bricks etc and never secure it…the trouble is the first time you have to brake hard to take avoiding action and its thrown off the trailer/ truck resulting in serious/fatal injuries to pedestrians or other road users.

Remember you can still be prosecuted if the load looks unsafe whether you think so or not.

when i first started i got put on steel top hats on a flat bed. I was told that a 1 ton strap over a 10 ton lump of steel was fine as it didnt matter how well it was secured, once it started to move then that was it. The idea of the strap was to stop it from starting to move. Not sure if I would want to risk it nowadays though.

also the rolls of paper from tilbury, some of them are 5ton… most people ive seen dont strap em,

Yeah, I’ve seen those paper rolls unsecured and have often thought, “What happens if they start to move?..”

Hi all, on the subject of insecure loads was following a artic the other day on the A1,with a flat pack house sticking out the back!.the driver had obviously strapped it from inside the trailor but christ did it look unsafe! :grimacing:

obviously the car drivers fault.

she was stoned. :laughing:

bad enough for us i work for a brewery (a drayman) im unable to secure my load of mixed kegs and casks along with a few pallets of boxes have no choice other than to stack carefully and hope the curtains hold. odd time ive had to brake sharp the whole lot comes flying to the headboard usually smashing all the bottles

cerbrious:
bad enough for us i work for a brewery (a drayman). odd time ive had to brake sharp the whole lot comes flying to the headboard usually smashing all the bottles

saves on the manual work i guess :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Darby Flyer:
Some one didn’t secure this very well. :laughing:

Link

“Speaking to the BBC, Mrs. Hall said: “I’ve had a lot of things happen in my life and this is actually a minor one.”

:open_mouth:

I saw a wagon yesterday, boulder like that on the arse of a flatbed, just one strap holding in on :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

That Yaris looks alot better like that now anyway, its always amazed me when I see these guys with boulders and no straps on them but according to the reporter it was a transporter would that be an 11 boulder or 9 boulder transporter?.

mick palmer:
I used to carry quarried stone (boulders?) just the same as in the photo.When I started the job the boss said there was no need to secure them as due to the weight (5 tons ++) ‘they wont go anywhere’.I did secure any load I carried, but at the time there were other drivers who never did so, I still see drivers carrying stone who continue to just drop the load on the trailer and go.

Its still the same nowadays, drivers load bags of aggregate,blocks,bricks etc and never secure it…the trouble is the first time you have to brake hard to take avoiding action and its thrown off the trailer/ truck resulting in serious/fatal injuries to pedestrians or other road users.

Remember you can still be prosecuted if the load looks unsafe whether you think so or not.

I may be wrong but I thought you could only be done if yur load comes off, I thought all they can do if it looks unsafe is make you secure it more, I had a load out of westminster one day one of them concrete pumping towers well they loaded it and looked ok to me normally 2 40’s used apparently I found out after well chained up took it upto elstree I think well on last roundabout yard del point the derv tank on it buckled a bit and it leant over, so we sorted a moby crane to sort it police closed road thought i waqs in the ■■■ some divvy in car shouted to copper well i resecured it “hope you gonna do him for unsafe load” to which copper replied no the driver done his job it stayed on the truck didn’t it, just held you up for half hour thats all :open_mouth: :laughing: …than god it wasn’t vosa…

wonder what the phone call to her husband went like

her hi love got a small chip in the windscreen

him no worry love theres that advert on tv they will fix it i will call them they will be there soon

her no rush i will just carry on shopping no ones going to move the car for a while :smiley: :smiley:

cerbrious:
bad enough for us i work for a brewery (a drayman) im unable to secure my load of mixed kegs and casks along with a few pallets of boxes have no choice other than to stack carefully and hope the curtains hold. odd time ive had to brake sharp the whole lot comes flying to the headboard usually smashing all the bottles

Why don’t you ask your boss for a “net”, if nothing else it will keep the smell down and the flies away!

…that’ll buff out :laughing:

EastAnglianTrucker:
Yeah, I’ve seen those paper rolls unsecured and have often thought, “What happens if they start to move?..”

They fly out the side of the curtain that’s what happened to a Taylor Barnyard motor I was following along the M25, double stacked, no straps! Just avoided the roll, the last motor to get through, motorway closed for hours!
I’ve loaded those bigun’s out of Purfleet and they rolled them on, chocking each one then strap the last one, no problem, just don’t get between those big ones and the headboard cos they’ll squish yer!
‘Crazytrucker’