Safe loading of Steel Coils

Hello, after hearing so much abou this forum, i have finnaly decided to join.

I have been driing for a few years now, and on Monday i will be coming across my first load of Steel Coils from Cardiff.

To be fair these scare me a little bit, due to the in -experience i have with loading and securing them properly.

im just after some pro help as to how to trap these in, t will be a full load of 27ton, and each coil will be aprox 2.2ton.

Many Thanks

What you loading them onto? Does it have coil wells and posts?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

na pal, will be loading on to a normal C/S onto wood bearers

Pm sent.

Why reply only by pm :confused:

If you have advise on loading/securing a particular type of load why not post openly so anyone else who’s interested can learn from your experience and take part in the discussion.

This is after-all a discussion forum :wink:

The company you are loading from will dictate how they are secured, they have proven and tested methods and I doubt you will get out of the gate. If you are pulling for a company like ferrymasters they also have an agreed method with the customer.

But I agree that unless the information is of a slanderous or financial nature it should be shared on the public forum for discussion.

I can see the logic in bazstan sending a PM, there are a number of " holier than thou " so called experts on this forum just waiting to pull to pieces any information put forward. So leave the guy alone, he made the right decision.

I wille in the same place on monday!! For the same thing. Make sure you fill with diesel before you get in, as the last time I was in there I came out with 30kgs to spare and only had a 1/4 tank of diesel.

On straping them down, diffrant drivers do them their own way. I tend to use one ■■■■■■■■ the first 4 singles, pulling forward. Double straping the doubles with one strap pulling each way. Depending on where they are going you may have to sheet them aswell.

BTW, you can be in there for up to 6 hours waiting to be loaded.

Paul

Edit to add, there is no such thing as “too many straps” :slight_smile:

DieselDemon:
I can see the logic in bazstan sending a PM, there are a number of " holier than thou " so called experts on this forum just waiting to pull to pieces any information put forward. So leave the guy alone, he made the right decision.

If everyone took that attitude there would be no posts answered openly and no discussion forum.

With open discussion many people learn from other peoples experiences sometimes including the people who thought they knew the best ways of doing a particular job, with closed discussion by pm no-one knows if the information being passed on is the best that can be had.

tachograph:

DieselDemon:

If everyone took that attitude there would be no posts answered openly and no discussion forum.

With open discussion many people learn from other peoples experiences sometimes including the people who thought they knew the best ways of doing a particular job, with closed discussion by pm no-one knows if the information being passed on is the best that can be had.

I can’t argue with you as you are quite correct, but, you know as well as I do not everyone takes that attitude.
All I’m saying is, if one person is happy to send information by PM, that’s his perogative and we should respect that.Regards, DD.

As a PM is very similar to a whisper. I remember my old Mum who was born in 1921 saying whisperers are liars :stuck_out_tongue: She shared a lot of knowledge with me and my brother in public.

tachograph:
Why reply only by pm :confused:

If you have advise on loading/securing a particular type of load why not post openly so anyone else who’s interested can learn from your experience and take part in the discussion.

This is after-all a discussion forum :wink:

I pm’d my mini number cus to lazy to tap out explination.

Give us a break guys was trying to offer some help without the typing, nothing more nothing less.

Wheel Nut:
As a PM is very similar to a whisper. I remember my old Mum who was born in 1921 saying whisperers are liars :stuck_out_tongue: She shared a lot of knowledge with me and my brother in public.

Re: Brake problem again!
pm sent with email. I can upload it tooby Wheel Nut
Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:44 pm

Forum: OWNER AND FLEET OPERATORS FORUM (INTERACTIVE)
Topic: Brake problem again!
Replies: 92
Views: 574

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

sounds like conti coil loading out of celsa? i used to split mine and load 10 ton up to the headboard and the remainder on the trailer axles, i had the chassis on a 18 month old SDC extender crack the first and last time i loaded all 27 ton in the middle of the trailer

just thought, are you loading rod in coil rather than conti? if so thats simple and hardly ever moves anywhere, take your time and watch what everyone else is doing, then ignore all that and do what you are happy with :smiley:

Loaded out of Conti a few weeks back, if your load is stated on the paper work ‘eye to sky’ then chances are it’s pretty big stuff, I only took 10 coils the other week and they were loaded in 2’s so just ratchet strapped them in doubles so 5 straps. The guy loading said I probably wouldn’t need any straps as it doesn’t normally move, the loaders will advise you if you ask, decent blokes.

DieselDemon:

Wheel Nut:

Because mixer man didn’t want to share it with the forum members, not me. I was going to upload it for him if you had read all the quote you prat

Wheel Nut:

DieselDemon:

Wheel Nut:

Because mixer man didn’t want to share it with the forum members, not me. I was going to upload it for him if you had read all the quote you prat

I might be a prat :laughing: But I don’t contradict myself, you whisperer you. Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone. :wink:

DieselDemon:

Wheel Nut:

DieselDemon:

Wheel Nut:

I might be a prat :laughing: But I don’t contradict myself, you whisperer you. Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone. :wink:

At risk of breaching the rules. This is the PM. I only did it to save putting my private email on the site. At the same time Denis Fuller did the same thing, but nothing was kept secret from you little darlings.

Wheel Nut:
Subject: Brake problem again!

mixer driver:

Driveroneuk:
If you have the pic available to post by email, you might as well just upload it here, then we can all see.

Can’t upload as on my iPhone.

I am intrigued now!

diyci*l@btinternet.com

DieselDemon:

And what if Bazstan doesn’t know his arse from his elbow and gives the guy bad advice?