This week's victim's

a few from this week

these two bulgarians have just put this daf on the road as joint owner drivers, running on british plates with a british O licence

and for anyone who is ex murfitts this is telford paul

Nice pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I thought it was deemed unsafe to carry coils like that nowadays :question:

no rog, we carry them on the roll all the time. they are banded to the cradle and then strapped with at minimum of 2 straps. we only carry coils upto 6 tonnes in this way, anything over goes in a well, but that is just our policy, there are no laws against it.we also send loads abroad like this but our shipping h&s dept decided we need 3 straps per coil regardless of its size. when we send 8 1/2 ton coils over the trailer looks like a spiders web :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ROG:
Nice pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I thought it was deemed unsafe to carry coils like that nowadays :question:

i like this pic as it shows the crap quality of the trailers. there is 23 tonnes of coil on there and is loaded correctly for axle weights, but look at the bow in the trailer, and that trailer is 6 months old :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

It’s not that the trailers are crappy it’s due to the fact that we still have our fifth wheels at about 1250-1280mm when the europeans have them at 1120- 1150mm. That bend in the trailer would disappear the moment you coupled it to a correct height equipped unit.

Howcome some Norfolk line trailers are pulled by foreign units and some by British units. I know some are unaccompanied freight but what about the others, are they specials?

the 2 bulgis shouldnt be allowed to operate here, what next

if they got there cpc o licence and its taxed here they buy fuel here whats the problem :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

dreva:
if they got there cpc o licence and its taxed here they buy fuel here whats the problem :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Seconded.

it’s a tidy looking Daf too, well apart from the n/s mirror casing :blush:

Stupot:
It’s not that the trailers are crappy it’s due to the fact that we still have our fifth wheels at about 1250-1280mm when the europeans have them at 1120- 1150mm. That bend in the trailer would disappear the moment you coupled it to a correct height equipped unit.

that trailer is uk spec, if i were coupled to a low height unit the neck would be lower than the back. low height trailers don’t run with standardsuper singles.

yella:
a few from this week

!(http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q244/yella-these two bulgarians have just put this daf on the road as joint owner drivers, running on british plates with a british O licence

[/quote]

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i see they have the obligtory laptop in the window.)

Grasshopper:
How come some Norfolk line trailers are pulled by foreign units and some by British units. I know some are unaccompanied freight but what about the others, are they specials?

as we are an international company we have depots all over europe. the foreign units you see are from one of these depots, the same as we have british units all over europe. a lot of our freight is shipped unacompanied but we also have a large ammount of driver acompanied frieght, it all depends on the contract. when acompanied units are tipped over here, we re load them with goods near to where they are which sometimes mean they get to take unacompanied freight. the majority of our trailers are registered in other countries as the european market is driven from the other side. loads out of the uk are usually back loads.

Dai:

please explain why

Dai:

Best of luck to them I say…

yella:

Dai:

please explain why

he wont be able too mate :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

WelshKnight:

Dai:

Best of luck to them I say…

here here good look to them,has dreva says at least their buying fuel over here + road tax.

yella:

Stupot:

that trailer is uk spec, if i were coupled to a low height unit the neck would be lower than the back. low height trailers don’t run with standardsuper singles.

No you are thinking of Mega trailers. If you look at your pictures again the second trailer down behind the Norfolk line scania is a mega. The flat behind the black Iveco is a uk spec flat but the Estron and Norfolk ilne Tautliners are all european spec. Your flat that looks bent is probably a Schmitz and is designed to go on a 1150 height 5th wheel.

stupot, that trailer has never been over the water, it actually belongs to the uk haulier. once the coils were unloaded the trailer sat as straight as a die. you are right, it is a schmidt, but it is also crap quality, the same as all trailers these days. you only have to look at the difference in the chock rails between that and the one behind the iveco. the bow in it was due to the wieght. and by the way, i know the difference between a mega and a standard trailer, i deal with the ■■■■ things every day :unamused:

dreva:

Agreed why shouldn’t they and if they’ve got themselves through the minefield of CPC, O Licence. and English probably isn’t thier first langauge it shows a lot of drive and commitment.
I reckon there might be a few of us working for them in a few years time.

Quality as usual Yella, cheers.