Olaf Foods

I spotted this old fridge a few weeks ago parked up for storage
Any one remember this firm
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I worked for them in the cold store 20yrs ago after leaving school,
It was only a small fleet, but the drivers were always well up for partying,
I still see a few of them but none of them have any old pics as the beer was more important :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: than wagon photos at the time.
If anyone out there has any pics itd be great to see some of the old motors
When i was there they ran
3x 2500 Dafs, a 2800 Daf, a 3300 Daf (said to be one of the ex Barry Sheen race motorsâ– â– ?) 2x 95s 310 and a 95 350
They later became Hazlewoods in the blue & white colours and then Linfox took over the transport side of things,
then it all went out to subbies and the partying stopped :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

nianiamh:
I spotted this old fridge a few weeks ago parked up for storage
Any one remember this firm
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I worked for them in the cold store 20yrs ago after leaving school,
It was only a small fleet, but the drivers were always well up for partying,
I still see a few of them but none of them have any old pics as the beer was more important :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: than wagon photos at the time.
If anyone out there has any pics itd be great to see some of the old motors
When i was there they ran
3x 2500 Dafs, a 2800 Daf, a 3300 Daf (said to be one of the ex Barry Sheen race motorsâ– â– ?) 2x 95s 310 and a 95 350
They later became Hazlewoods in the blue & white colours and then Linfox took over the transport side of things,
then it all went out to subbies and the partying stopped :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

I used to repair the refrigeration units at olaf for a long time,the drivers were a cracking bunch of guys the lads in the cold store were the same,not to mention the girls in the office!!,kieth goodyear was tolerable and I will leave it there good luck and health to you all ,Denis the fridge doctor!!

Hi i remember olaf on he wrexham ind est steve dury drove for them and i think ginger did (dave jones) and russel all ex carron drivers from the can days hope they are all well.

KENNA:
Hi i remember olaf on he wrexham ind est steve dury drove for them and i think ginger did (dave jones) and russel all ex carron drivers from the can days hope they are all well.

I see Steve quite a bit as he only lives just down the road from me,
hes on for Shirleys now driving a 95XF SSC in white with green stripes and not there usual red colours. Russel moved down to Ramsgate and got himself wed down there, someone was telling me last week that hes packed the driving in just recently ill ask Steve next time i see him as hes still in touch with him, Ive heard of Dave but don`t really know him, again ill ask Steve

I remember seeing Olaf about,so Hazlewoods took 'em over?
That’s a good old fridge on the front,I thought it was a Petter for a start but looks more like a TKing.

Chris Webb:
That’s a good old fridge on the front,I thought it was a Petter for a start but looks more like a TKing.

Thermo King i think. Its got one of these on the side

Bloody hell Nipper, can i borrow your specs ? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

nice to hear they are all well and doing fine,how is pep ganci these days he was an owner driver also for carter and lived in the pandy i used to run with him on the can thanks.

i am still about but not driveing for some time now [ginge] but only just found this place have a good few pics of carran days here too steve is still driveing i seen him a while back

shirly temple:
i am still about but not driveing for some time now [ginge] but only just found this place have a good few pics of carran days here too steve is still driveing i seen him a while back

would be great to see the carran pics,i was one of the subies for carran way back cheers