OK. Time to find out

where you have had the best food. If you eat out enough tell us where you got the best cafe breakfast, roadside trailer food and the best evening meal.

For me the best cafe I used was " The Pitstop " just off the A21 running into Hildenborough, the food was always excellent, hope it’s still going as I haven’t been down that way for a while.

The best roadside trailer I used was running down from the M56 into Northwich past the salt works it was on the right hand side but the last time I went there about 3 years ago they were being hassled by the council so they may not be there now. I always went there to get a bacon and cheese toasted buttie and never ever left without having bought 2 they were that good.

As far as evening meals I either took my own or tried to get by an ASDA or Morrisons or similar, food is usually good and the price is right.

Let’s hear of your favourite nosh place.

A salad at colsterworth is always a good shout, best roadside has to be Witham, the one on the first slip to witham ipswich bound.

And i forgot to mention he fastest breakfast on the road has to be Janes at Blyth.

Ma Larkins at J27 on the M1. :smiley:

Been going there for years,and was in there yesterday morning for the usual full English.

It must be good,as Nottinghamshire motorway Police eat there,as one of their finest was in at the same time as me.

By the way,it’s the one next to the council salting shed,at the top of the northbound slip road,not the one on the other side.Can’t miss it as it’s bright yellow.

Ken.

Truckhaven gets my vote.
I’ve only had breakfast there so i don’t know what lunch and dinner is like.
Reasonable price, Very clean.
Much better than ecoli truckstop. (poplar 2000).

At the moment I probably will vote for Lockerbie for a sit down breakfast, although Mr Vain mentioned another favorite with Janes place.

For a layby. I think I can suggest the one next to Banbury crematorium, dead good that is. food is always hot :laughing:

not sure if he’s still there…on the a66 penrith to appelby in layby…best bacon butty…ever :sunglasses:

as you come of the roundabout on the brecon bypass up the hill towards ross on wye on the left, the best burgers ive ever had from a little burger van,cant beat it anywhere.

Believe it or not I had a really nice meal ( gammon steak ) at Nightowl Rugby the other night ,Nightowl normally dont get a good name so it was a nice surprise. :smiley: :smiley:
Junc 29 truckstop off the M1 is also a good bet for a fresh cooked decent meal.
Carnforth is ok as well but my personal favorite is The Chefs Grill in Newtonmore just off the A9 between Perth and Inverness. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Any Wetherspoons.

Mike-C:
Any Wetherspoons.

No HGV parking thou is there?

The layby at Rownhams industrial estate just off the M27/M271 has a burger van that beats most cafes I’ve been to. Bacon butties the size of dinner plates and a really nice cooked breakfast for £5.

ellies dad:

Mike-C:
Any Wetherspoons.

There is, but you have to get out of your lorry and maybe have to walk a little and even have to talk to someone :wink: Mind you most Wetherspoons have toilets as well :smiley:

Beats sat with your TV in the tin box :arrow_right:

alfa man:
my personal favorite is The Chefs Grill in Newtonmore just off the A9 between Perth and Inverness. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Parked up there at the moment.Just had an excellent roast dinner &coffee for £1.80 :smiley: :smiley: Plus £10 parking :cry: :cry:
Always look forward to a breakfast roll at the Sedbury lay-by at Scotch Corner when I’m down that way.

Mike-C:
Any Wetherspoons.

agreed.

if i can find a decent parking place, i’m always happy too walk too a nearby pub/restaraunt.

truckhaven, chesterfield, and orwell are winners with me too.

I always enjoyed a good nosh up on the Peter Pan or Nils Holgersson,as much as you could eat,breakfast or dinner,and free too!

The Hollies on the A5 used to be a good breakfast too,surpassed only by The Cabin at West Thurrock.

I quite like Tebay services for a sit in meal when I’m up that way, and
for a burger van its either the No Bull just off junction 11 of the M6 or Franco’s on the A46 in Evesham

KW:
The Hollies on the A5 used to be a good breakfast too,surpassed only by The Cabin at West Thurrock.

Both very poor now I think. The truckers place on the A5 seems good though

The Lazy Kettle, Gledrid just north of Oswestry on the A5.

Excellent brekkie for under a fiver, including tea and toast; dinnertime there’s always a roast dinner on, and though I’m rarely there for the evening slot it always seems good value.

Only downside for me is that they don’t open till 7 am, but in fairness they’re open till 10 at night. Good showers too and the parking’s cheap.

I believe they do have a bar, but if not there’s a pub/restaurant across the road.

ellies dad:

Mike-C:
Any Wetherspoons.

As wheelnut has pointed out there is not, ‘per se’ ! But if you check their website and see where their pubs are you can then look for parking nearby.
Two i’ve mentioned recently are Harrogate, use the Harrogate centre lorry park, £4.50i think and you can walk to the Wetherspoons. And one i use a lot is Willenhall, £6 and the Wetherspoons is about 200 yards away, they all welcome lorry drivers and it beats the hell out of any cafe or truck stop i have ever been to. A lot cheaper too. I’m sure there’s more its just i don;t know them all.

Mike-C:

ellies dad:

Mike-C:
Any Wetherspoons.

As wheelnut has pointed out there is not, ‘per se’ ! But if you check their website and see where their pubs are you can then look for parking nearby.
Two i’ve mentioned recently are Harrogate, use the Harrogate centre lorry park, £4.50i think and you can walk to the Wetherspoons. And one i use a lot is Willenhall, £6 and the Wetherspoons is about 200 yards away, they all welcome lorry drivers and it beats the hell out of any cafe or truck stop i have ever been to. A lot cheaper too. I’m sure there’s more its just i don;t know them all.

And of course the easiest one is Newark except it is full of lorry drivers sat in their cabs with Corrie and Big Brother :stuck_out_tongue:

Poole Wetherspoons dont allow shorts in summer, even if you have been out all day and on the lash since 11 :smiley: