Now theres a supprise .............. not

Ive just recieved a newsletter from the agency in it, Im informed that Tesco`s (doncaster) who they supply drivers to, have cut/changed rates paid.
so as of Sun 19th april, the following pay changes will apply:
Drivers will now only receive a garanteed minimum 6hrs pay per shift. (instead of 8hrs)

The night rate of £10.50 ph (flat rate) will only be paid to drivers who are given start times between 2200 & 0600hrs Mon - Fri (intead of 1700 & 0500hrs)

they state the changes have been forced upon them by tesco.

considering the average shift on that site is 8hrs or less, and the recent changes to driver assesments. it looks likely a lot of agy drivers will be reluctant to work at that site, due to it being finacially un-viable

so if you start your shift at 1900 you are on a lesser rate :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

when i was on the agency…

my night rate starts at 6pm to 6am. in fact if any shift that has me working after midnight is on night rate.

i also wouldn go to a job unless i was guaranteed 10hr shift. but again times have changed and beggars cant be choosers.

i wouldn waste my time for 6 hrs unless i was really strapped it was obvious i wouldnt get anything else.

peirre:
Ive just recieved a newsletter from the agency in it, Im informed that Tesco`s (doncaster) who they supply drivers to, have cut/changed rates paid.
so as of Sun 19th april, the following pay changes will apply:
Drivers will now only receive a garanteed minimum 6hrs pay per shift. (instead of 8hrs)

The night rate of £10.50 ph (flat rate) will only be paid to drivers who are given start times between 2200 & 0600hrs Mon - Fri (intead of 1700 & 0500hrs)

they state the changes have been forced upon them by tesco.

considering the average shift on that site is 8hrs or less, and the recent changes to driver assesments. it looks likely a lot of agy drivers will be reluctant to work at that site, due to it being finacially un-viable

How else do you think they managed multi billion pound profits for the financial year, certainly wasn’t by selling cheap buy in bulk apples and selling them at harrods food hall prices to joe public i’ll tell ya :exclamation: :exclamation: :laughing: :laughing:

Its always been night rate after 18:00
As for the 6hrs I think they will have a job getting drivers in
Min 8hrs and if cancled within 1 hour of work I used to get 4hrs pay min.
Most times I would ignor the phone after I was given a job just turn up and they would 9/10 times give you a run

£3.1bn profit and a promise to expand everywhere and yet cutting back on the rates for the people who deliver the goods! :unamused:

As per usual … image first! :imp:

Stan

nick2008:
As for the 6hrs I think they will have a job getting drivers in

I thought so too, especially after you`ve took fuel & travel costs from home to the yard off, it leaves you with very little in you wallet on pay day

nick2008:
Its always been night rate after 18:00
Min 8hrs and if cancelled within 1 hour of work I used to get 4hrs pay min.

Thats generally the case with my agency, also within 2hrs they`ll pay 2hrs.

With the tougher tesco driver assessment, chipping away the number of authorised agy drivers, combined with tesco`s delays in assessing new drivers theres more pressure being applied by the agency to get non-regular authorised drivers like me to cover shifts.

AFAIK there are only 2 agys supplying drivers to this depot, & I was wondering if this new pay scale has been applied to other depots