Tesco Drivers new starters contract

Hi all,does anyone know much about the terms and conditions that Tesco are offering their new starters? Hourly rate, wether they pay time and a half/double time for weekends/nights etc.I have read some stuff about it compared to the older rates but is it much worse?They hardly ever used to advertise but they seem to looking for drivers a lot more than they used to especially in Avonmouth.

Heard it’s about £9-odd at Livingston. Enhanced weekend rates too apparently.

Over here in NI there was a Tesco recruitment drive about 6months ago and rumour had it they didn’t fill the quota for nightshift side.
Maybe something to do with established Tesco drivers where on £14hr+ on nights and “double-bubble” on Sun.
New starts where £9.50hr and time/third for Sun!!!

Depends what DC, check the O/T rate they are paying as well, I think that’s been cut from time and 1/2 to time and a 1/4 after 42.5 hours

I wouldn’t bother, wait until they get rid of the comedy that is the new “driver contract” now training up lads from the warehouse to drive, smacks of desperation and pig headed stupidity.

selby newcomer:
Depends what DC, check the O/T rate they are paying as well, I think that’s been cut from time and 1/2 to time and a 1/4 after 42.5 hours

The new contract is terrible, the previous one was fair and was properly incentivised, they spend a fortune training drivers kitting them out CPC and so on only for them to leave when something better comes along.

If they invested in their staff and managed them effectively they could save a small fortune in damage and productivity, they choose not to for whatever reason.

mike68:
I wouldn’t bother, wait until they get rid of the comedy that is the new “driver contract” now training up lads from the warehouse to drive, smacks of desperation and pig headed stupidity.

I applied online for a job and I failed the online driver situational questions!!
Ironically I have a Tesco assessed driver card and I drive for them at the weekend on the agency!!

Crasher:

mike68:

I applied online for a job and I failed the online driver situational questions!!
Ironically I have a Tesco assessed driver card and I drive for them at the weekend on the agency!!

:smiley: