notice

was reading our contract and it says you have to give a months notice to leave , i always thought if you were on weekly pay you had to give a weeks notice [ always have in the past] or has weekly, monthly pay got nothing to do with notice.
month seems a lot of notice , can firms put down what notice they want you to work or is there a law about it somewhere

Hmm just go on the sick for a week then you will get paid the week you last worked, assuming you will have a new job

Think they can stipulate it in your contract, which you would have agreed by signing.

If nothing stated in the contract, they it usually goes on how you are paid.

Stat notice period is 1 week. If nothing specificed in the contract that is what you get.

if you have signed your contract which has the “one month notice” clause, then its pretty obvious that you are aware of it, are happy with it, and, if the going gets tough for the employer, YOU get one months notice or the money.

It works both ways, and, it stops drivers jumping ship, at the drop of a hat [for an extra 30p a week], then regretting it…

If anyone is stupid enough to go sick whilst on “notice”, then you get all you deserve, our lot would STOP your “bacs” payment pretty quickly, making you come in, to collect your post dated cheque…

Its legal, before anyone says it is not, they are not denying you your money, you will just have to wait [■■■■■■■ ages, from previous experience], and, if you get heavy, the boss normally asks where you want to throw the first punch, [not on company premises], and, that usually is your last punch, before he gets his 10 in, and you wake up in hospital…

Of all the jobs I’ve had I’ve never done a notice period and don’t intend to. When you decide to leave a job then leave, end of.

It would be a foolish firm that insisted on you working out a month’s notice. I can’t imagine a driver would be very highly motivated during the notice period.

Only twice i’ve ever walked from a job (and both since i’ve been coming on here)

I left J Pearce the 1st time on good terms and served a weeks notice and was told i’d be welcome back anytime by the boss and from there i went to work for this muppet who had me running to Scotland twice a week, the job was good the money was ok but the boss was a drunken ■■■ so after 6 or 7 weeks i walked (parked up truck and went home, took him 2 days to realise i hadnt gone back upto scotland) :unamused:
So i went back to Pearce but on nights and everything changed then the office staff the fitters the TM and to a certain degree the boss hated the night shift everything was always our fault whether load damage trailer damage goods missing whatever night shift always copped it. So 9 months later i had a titfull and told the boss that i was finishing and starting a new job on monday (this was on the friday btw) he wasnt happy and said if i didnt serve my notice i wouldn’t be allowed back to which i replied i “Dont worry it’d be a cold day in hell before i came back here again” :smiling_imp:

Started then on the monday with Tandem who i did leave but again on good terms (wife went to college i became house husband for 6 months) and thats who im going back to now i would have gone straight back to Tandem but they only had tramping work and the wife “preferred” me to be home every night.
Also the firm i just left JVS have said they will be ringing me in a couple of weeks to see if i want to come back and that a new contract will be starting soon and that i will be offered a “Supervisor/driver” position and they would sort out a decent pay rate accordingly :open_mouth: (only downside is it still involves landfill sites…no thanks!) (( unless of course its a “substantial” pay deal )) :smiley:

So i guess it just goes to show that its best not to burn too many bridges :wink:

I’VE ALWAYS GIVEN ONE WEEKS NOTICE NORMALLY WHILE ON HOLIDAY WITH THE COMPANY, JUST BOOK WEEK OFF AND BACK DATE THE NOTICE DROPPING IT THROUGH THE DOOR ON THE WED.
MOST COMPANIES ARE ONE WEEK AND THEN THEY ADD A WEEK FOR EVERY FULL YEAR YOU SPEND WITH THEM. THAT 1 MONTHS NOTICE COULD JUST BE A MAXIMUM YOU HAVE TO GIVE THEM.
I DON’T KNOW ABOUT LEAVING THEN GOING BACK I ALWAYS LEAVE AND DON’T LOOK BACK, THE COMPANY I’M WITH THROUGH THE AGENCY I USE TO LOAD FOR ABOUT 4 YEARS AGO AND IT’S CHANGED TOO MUCH FOR MY LIKING YOU THINK GOING BACK YOU’LL SEE OLD PALS AND IT’LL BE THE SAME, (zb) [zb]. ALWAYS SOMETHING BETTER OUT THERE!

If it needs stars to get it past the censor, that’s a clue it’s not allowed. L. :wink:
also edited for racial content mm