Not very cheerful u lot are u

Someone please explain to my small brain…why lorry drivers…are generally so miserable…unlike my SuperSmiley self■■?

The amount of times…i’ve been delivering 2 companies…shops…getting diesel from filling stations etc…and the people working there have complimented myself on how jolly i am…then say most other drivers are miserable…and in some cases quite unhelpful in giving that little extra hand…when its obviously needed…the same again…when u park up in service stations on the motorway…the long faces that i see…some reply “Hello”…some don’t…then when travelling down motorways u have those whom somehow haven’t got the time to hang around to thank u for flashing them in…or the reverse of those…whom can’t flash u to let u know it’s safe to return back to lane 1…

I can’t understand…why u guy’s and gals are so miserable…if u compare this job to others overall it a doss…some hard day’s…some easy …

would explain myself more…but got to go to bed early rise

[zb] off.

:wink:

I just knew someone was going to say that, I’m just glad you inserted your own zb. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

even no he is tellin the truth (zb)off

SuperSmiley:
unhelpful in giving that little extra hand…when its obviously needed…

That’ll be container drivers.

SuperSmiley:
the same again…when u park up in service stations on the motorway…the long faces that i see…some reply “Hello”…

they’re going to look in your trailer whilst you’re in the stalls.

SuperSmiley:
some don’t…

they work for supermarkets

SuperSmiley:
then when travelling down motorways u have those whom somehow haven’t got the time to hang around to thank u for flashing them in…

they’ll be tipper drivers.

SuperSmiley:
or the reverse of those…whom can’t flash u to let u know it’s safe to return back to lane 1…

they’re the ones who are ■■■■■■ off because they have a slower/older truck but it’s the best job they can get.

SuperSmiley:
I can’t understand…why u guy’s and gals are so miserable…if u compare this job to others overall it a doss…some hard day’s…some easy …

more easy days than hard ones. probably only have a dozen hard days each year, but then I used to enjoy roping & sheeting.

SuperSmiley:

yea, go on. ■■■■ off and leave us in peace.

Seriously, some drivers would still moan if they were earning £50/hr, 1 job per week, new truck etc, etc. if the job’s that bad, leave.

Roadhog:

SuperSmiley:
unhelpful in giving that little extra hand…when its obviously needed…

That’ll be container drivers.

SuperSmiley:
the same again…when u park up in service stations on the motorway…the long faces that i see…some reply “Hello”…

they’re going to look in your trailer whilst you’re in the stalls.

SuperSmiley:
some don’t…

they work for supermarkets

SuperSmiley:
then when travelling down motorways u have those whom somehow haven’t got the time to hang around to thank u for flashing them in…

they’ll be tipper drivers.

SuperSmiley:
or the reverse of those…whom can’t flash u to let u know it’s safe to return back to lane 1…

they’re the ones who are [zb] off because they have a slower/older truck but it’s the best job they can get.

SuperSmiley:

more easy days than hard ones. probably only have a dozen hard days each year, but then I used to enjoy roping & sheeting.

SuperSmiley:

yea, go on. [zb] off and leave us in peace.

Seriously, some drivers would still moan if they were earning £50/hr, 1 job per week, new truck etc, etc. if the job’s that bad, leave.

brillant but the truth :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

SuperSmiley - has it occurred to you that other drivers are only miserable when they see a certain person (ie you :smiley: )?

spaceman:
SuperSmiley - has it occurred to you that other drivers are only miserable when they see a certain person (ie you :smiley: )?

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Nothing depresses me more than some maniac who wanders about with a big cheesy grin on their face all the time. You feel like slapping them with a lump of 4"x 2", or is that just me? :wink: :open_mouth: :smiley:

It often goes hand in hand with the bright spark who says, “cheer up it might never happen.” I usually say “It has happened, I just heard my - insert blood relative of choice here - has died.” Usually leaves them feeling uncomfortable and keen to get away. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

People who smile all the time may look happy but infact they experience a higher rate of suicide than those who exhibit a less enthusiastic expression. :wink:

Its not just lorry drivers its most of the people in the U.K. its something to do with working more hours than anyone but the Yanks, and putting up with the selfish driving of so many other ■■■■■■■■■ on the road, if everyone was as good a driver as me there woudlnt be a problem and i would smile all the time.

Nothing depresses me more than some maniac who wanders about with a big cheesy grin on their face all the time.

Tony Blair :question:

spaceman:

Nothing depresses me more than some maniac who wanders about with a big cheesy grin on their face all the time.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Longwayround:
People who smile all the time may look happy but infact they experience a higher rate of suicide than those who exhibit a less enthusiastic expression. :wink:

That’s because they get depressed at not having their ‘bonhomie’ returned :smiling_imp:

When I started this job I used to think the same, actually I still do. I used to get comments like " what you smiling at " " why have you always got that stupid grin on your face". Answer was " To wind you miserable lot up"
As some one else on this site said ( i think it was Lucy) Moaning is to drivers like swimming is to ducks. Ain’t that the truth, don’t know why though. But there again I haven’t been doing it for long. But I would swop them that have for the 28 years I spent in factories. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :laughing: :laughing:

[quote)coffeeholic

You feel like slapping them with a lump of 4"x 2", or is that just me?

i knew there was a good use for bearers.

spaceman:

Oh yes, mind you his Tonyness deserves much more than a lump of 4x2. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: Or the said item needs inserting somewhere that would be guaranteed to wipe that 'I’m oh so superior than the rest of you smile of his kisser.

Coffeeholic:

spaceman:

Oh yes, mind you his Tonyness deserves much more than a lump of 4x2. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: Or the said item needs inserting somewhere that would be guaranteed to wipe that 'I’m oh so superior than the rest of you smile of his kisser.

Why waste a perfectly good piece of 4x2 on that yoghart weaver :question: :question: :question: :wink:

I wasn’t thinking of using a good piece, an old rough piece with rusty nails in it would do. :wink: :smiley:

oi leave Tony alone…he’s a good lad he is…countries running alright…better than those days of them snotty conservatives…(terrible days)…ok he got the war wrong…which he does need a servere beating 4…and Bush just needs sending 2 Cuba…to ‘Fidal Bay’…they’ll teach him what torture is about…pratt…although…i won’t be surprised if in 50yrs we find out that there was really some other reason going on behind closed doors…but u miserable lot…would happly be gone…and my Supersmiley self…still here with a massive grin…beaming…joy and happiness…to others…whom from the circumstances of their job…there isn’t much 2 smile about…breaks by the bell…heavy bad breath boss…sharing it over your shoulder…1 minute late…written warning…sorry the tuner…can only pick up…Radio 3…and the heating can’t pick up temperature…don’t forget to watch out for Mr Spotty face job worthy [zb]…over there who’s watching your every move…ready with his back seeking remote control flying daggers…same boring people…same boring conversation…same place…same hrs…monday-fri…which no doubt explains why people look like the want to commit suicide on their way to work in the morning…

Now u lot…yep…the negative is working funny hrs…and the sad thing…(and this is were i will back down…)…is being away from the kids n’ missus…(or hubby…not forgetting our lady drivers)…and also driving around in some clapped out old vehicle…but beyond that what the hell else have u got to be miserable about…u haven’t got to suffer none of the above…(welllll…maybe one or two)…so long as u go out and get the job done your as free as a bird…when u’re stuck waiting to get on a bay…or actually on one…for 3hrs or whatever…don’t whinging, moaning and ■■■■■■■■…(unless u are really in a genuine hurry to get somewhere)…Take it Easy…and…Chill…watch a DVD or read something…Remember…whilst…your bumming around and getting paid for it…some poor sucker…is working a 12hr shift…getting paid…peanuts…(and probably getting treated just as)…getting one or two little breaks…and yeah the road is full of some foolish drivers…but personally i would honestly say about 80% of Joe driver…are sound and work with u…and being realistic…there are those whom naturally don’t understand…how a lorry has to be driven…hence do things which causes problems…just shrug your shoulders…arrhhhh what the hell…there is nothing u can do about it anyhow…the 20%…i won’t bother start…

Would carry on…but got to run…early start again…but people when your on your breaks tommorrow…just sit there…and think how…relatively…easy u have it compared to others in the normal every day work place…how many times someone…at a place u deliver to say’s they won’t mind doing your job…and how many times…u’ve been a bit knackered from the night before…and just pulled over for a nap…what the hell…Joe worker can’t do that…unless he want to listen to some…nasty wretch…proudly…making noise in the cubicle next door…

SORT IT OUT PEOPLE!!!

looks like that sign maker has too much time on his hands again

whats with all the full stops anyway