Dig your self out mate

Well I am a Trucker , I know then that I have to put up with ■■■■ for a living , its as simple as that.
I am sort of used to it now even though I only been driving two years.
It still gets to me though every now and then.
I am not the sort of driver to be stubborn and rude and refuse to do lift a finger or help out . Ill often be found in the back of the truck restacking or handballing or whatever needs doing to get that P.O.D. signed.
Some days though people just ■■■■ you off. I wonder why they do it but I dont think ill ever really know. Ill tell you what made me think this after I have written abouthow the day started.

I set of this morning in the worst conditions I have ever driven in , going up to the M1 on the A 50 it was down to one lane but we were having to straggle the white line because the sides of the road couldnt be made out.

The motorway was pretty bad but passable and I made my way slowly . I was going to Garforth in Leeds for an 8 am .

I was having to stop at every services because the heated mirrors had packed up and they were carrying loads of ice and it was impossibloe to see in.

I was worrying about making the time because we were averaging 35 MPH but I got a message through from the boss saying Please all drivers take care , safety first. that made me feel different I was pleased they were not putting any pressure on. They are a good firm and it makes it easier to concentrate when you dont have to worry.
So I got to the drop just off the M1 and pulled into the yard of the customer.

They unloaded 4 of my 6 pallets and then the forkie dissapeared ! I wondered were he had gone , looked around and noticed it was tea break , no way I had two rotten pallets left and he just ■■■■■■ off.
Fifteen minutes later he was back and took the last two off.

I went back down the Motorway towards Nottingham @ an engineering works.
I drove in and looked around for a “Goods In” sign , the ground was covered in a blanket of deep fresh snow. I looked around for somewhere to go and didnt see any were obvious to go.
Its usually like that , but in these conditions ,I didnt fancy driving all round the site in 7 inches of snow loooking for a jobsworth to send me the other way again.
Well I was looking around from the cab and saw these hands in the window beckoning me toward them, it said Goods In obove the door they were directing me to so I headed that way. It was deep fresh snow , nothing else had passed through so I took it slow and made slow progress.

I had to reverse up the steep hill and around the corner as well so took my time, I saw a guy walking towards me and thought , cool some one to help ! No , he moved his car out the way , ■■■■■■ !!! . I was on my own .

I was no where near hitting his car , (although he was lucky he moved it enough away because I would of wanted to then )
I found a bod to talk to and he sent me all the way back down the hill and back round the corner and back to the doors where I had just been .

I opened up the sides and then found out they didn’t have a forklift.

I was getting a bit ■■■■■■ off by now but I swear I didn’t show it (honest)

I had to back onto there doors and drop it inside the factory on the tail-lift .

I moved forward into more virgin snow and then attempted to go backwards onto the door,

The truck just span , both wheels stuck fast , , I looked around and saw no one , I was alone .

I jumped down and went to get the shovel I had brought with me that morning .
I started digging , thinking they would be back but I saw no one still , I was expected to drop this stupid pallet no one seemed to want , on my own .
I dug and dug and it refused to budge …

Eventually it rocked onto a patch I had made and got purchase on the tarmac.
Battery going ill be back

Hurry back I’m waiting to go out and want to hear the rest of the story.

Hes still not back cant wail for part 2 :frowning:

Yeah were was I ?
So it rocked on to a patch of tarmac and spun the cardboard and ply-wood I had stuffed under the wheels by then, and a fair bit of shingle and a big bit of plywood spewed up at the gathering crowd :smiling_imp: I backed up to the doors and dropped the Pallet off the back , phewwww . I got the POD signed and headed back down the Highway to hell that was the M1 today.
The thing that beeped me off was that no one helped me or even showed any concern , I think I could still be there now waiting for the big thaw if I hadn’t sweated blood and tears digging the beeping thing out. .
I heard the workers discussing things while I pallet trucked it into there yard , they were deciding to close the gate to other Delivery vehicles because they "Didn’t have time to deal with this [zb] all Day " I was very polite and as I left I just said Thanks for all your help guys and drove (slipped , skidded , jerked ) out .

This wasn’t a back street machine shop, this was a massive place with intercoms at the gate and around 50 employees , , some covered in shingle , and one with brown pants I think caused by low flying ply :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: .
I Know this sort of thing happens to most of us most days but like I said before , some days you cant take it and some days you can , today I cant …
Rant Over

if it needs stars it ain’t allowed :wink: colingl

blueroom1:
This wasn’t a back street machine shop, this was a massive place with intercoms at the gate and around 50 employees , , some covered in shingle , and one with brown pants I think caused by low flying ply :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: .

I like this paragraph :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I went to a drop today slowly but surely I got to the gate and theguy said can you reverse up the drive and put it near the hours NOPE was my reply why not he said?.

The drive was at an angle so if I start to slip your gates and posts plus my lorry will get damaged after a phone vcall to my boss asking is the customer would accept FULL responsibility for ALL damage to gate and lorry guess what??.

Its going back when the snow has cleared !!!

Common sense prevails.

Had a drop today up a single track lane brave and steep hill then 90 degree right into dirt access lane to their yard, all under about 6" of snow. Made it up the steep tar to problem but their gate was shut and some mumpty parked to the right of it. I tried to move on to the side but every time I tried to go forward in slipped sideways towards the parked car so hazzards on phoned the office (for the drop) While Im on the phone some old bird in her lexus is looking past beeping her horn so I walked round to explain and before I got a word in all I got was “I don’t have time for this move that thing now” to which I replied unless you have a shovel in there or some grit [zb] off!!! Guys came and moved the car opened the gate got going again but it annoyed me how impationt the aul doll was… I mean did she think I was parking at the slanty angle across the road for the good of my health :imp:

Thanks mate I enjoyed rerading that, for some reason reading about other peoples terrible day always cheers me up lol

Thanks Mr B

Thats why I write the blog , I had a lot of help here in the newbie forums reading peoples training diarys so I think it might be interesting for some one Glad you were that someone :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: