Nostalgic pics

Dunno if some of you will be interested but…

This is an old 111 I had for a while,it’s reg no is GUL599N,which was featured in Destination Doha and driven by John Williams.It had been repainted and had the A/C unit taken off.

This pic was taken just over the Czech border in 1982,we were on our way to Dorog,Hungary with a couple of outsize loads destined for a new factory.

This pic was taken at the Leclerc services nr Dijon in 1993.The driver of the white combi is still in bed,lazy sod!

This is the road down from the Brenner Pass,Austria going towards Innsbruck.
I’d always wanted an F12 Globetrotter,but after six months I told them to take it back,it made my right knee ache something rotten!

now your showing off now you know how to put pictures up.must add very nice ones at that. :laughing: :laughing:

kitkat:
now your showing off now you know how to put pictures up.must add very nice ones at that. :laughing: :laughing:

Ain’t no stopping me now :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Well done with the picky’s, I have tried but still can’t get it right :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

keep em coming mate :laughing:

Now you’ve done it kk!

A pic of THAT Merc I had to suffer for a while,pile of [zb]

im sure ive met you somewhere in that merc kw. did you do much italian work in that?

Finally, someone who agrees with me ! Couldn’t agee more, Actros’s are a pile of [zb]!!!

Great pics KW. I love the old ones.

JONBOY@RH:
im sure ive met you somewhere in that merc kw. did you do much italian work in that?

No mate,I was only there 5 weeks,started just after last Christmas.
I went there cos the guy in the office in Gothenburg used to be at the other Swedish outfit I worked for,only a few weeks after I started he had a big argument with the big boss in Stockholm and walked out.Three Swedish drivers finished the same day,who were also ex-colleagues from the other firm.
After that things went downhill and so I quit at the beginning of Feburary.

I had a call from a mate in Sweden a few weeks ago,the firm has gone bankrupt! Glad I got out when I did.

brummie:
Finally, someone who agrees with me ! Couldn’t agee more, Actros’s are a pile of **** !!!

First time I’d ever driven a Merc,and hopefully the last!

I was in Sweden late January and the temp during the day was -17c,at night it dropped to -23c and the cab was really cold,even though it had an arctic heater which also heats the engine.Next morning the gearbox had frozen!

I could go on and list loads and loads and loads and loads of other things I hated about it :unamused: :unamused:

Im gonna nick the piccy of the scania that john willie drove. good man KW, keep em coming.

John was a true gent wjo taught me a lot, He had time for us young uns and I had the priveledge of working with him for about 10 years.

Great pics KW, have you got a pic of the vovlo you got now keep them coming :smiley:

MAD28:
Great pics KW, have you got a pic of the vovlo you got now keep them coming :smiley:

Wot,you mean this one?..

AH, the one I regularly wave at across motorways in France and Belgium, first time I’ve ever seen it standing still. :wink: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:
AH, the one I regularly wave at across motorways in France and Belgium, first time I’ve ever seen it standing still. :wink: :smiley:

Blink and you’ll miss it Neil :wink:

Cheers for the pic KW,it looks great,you have a good collection of pics.

Yet more…

Another pic going from Le Fayet up to the Blanc.Bit fuzzy this one,might have had one too many the night before. :open_mouth:

Same bit of road,but the view to the left.

It had been raining for over a week when this was taken,the water was gushing down from the hills on to the autostrada.This is the road from Ivrea to Aosta.You can see the water is almost up to the headlights on the Magnum coming the other way.

This was taken just outside Zeebrugge around 1981-2.The Transcon stopped,but the hanger didn’t!

This is a view of Lago d’Iseo (and the queue behind me) after an interesting drive over a mountain where I’d tipped in Grosotto.

This is the first Scania I had when I started with Van Maanen back in 1991.
At first I did two trips a week from Holland to the UK with bacon.The trailer has a double floor with an electric (24v) forklift in the back,the rear axle steers and can be locked in position from a button on the dash.
The trailer was this length to make it cheaper on the ferry,the whole outfit was just over 12m long.

This is one of several Iveco’s we inherited from Grootveld Transport Zwaag after we bought the company.Luckily they soon went! Though it was difficult to get rid of them (the dutchmen called them spaghetti-mac’s) we traded them in for four new Merc Eurocabs.The Merc dealer was the only one’s who would take them!

Though I had an FH16-470 Globetrotter when I started with Onsala,I had to give it back.Well the regular driver of it kept whingeing! :unamused:
So this was really my first truck with the company,it was the 400hp model and went very well.

Nice Keith, thank you.

COOL Pictures!!!, I love your Mercedes Actros, it is looks awesome and your trailer too!!! :sunglasses: :laughing: