Some Oldies.......

Found these , Courtesy of Les Rogers… Some old firms and Trucks of YesterYear.

Great photo’s!

Thanks for sharing them.

Any relation to Les Routiers? :laughing:
The blue Faun belonged to a Swiss subbie. The Swiss driver was called Silvio, a good mate of mine.

some more swiss for you Harry

These arent tho

Aaaaaggggh!! ( I drove for both those firms! ) Horror!!! :unamused:

Uve done it again mate, cracking fotos, wish there was still old turbostars on the road. Liked the TC refrigeration foto.

Kev

Yep I thought the Turbostars were the mutts nuts and still do, best truck they have made really in my view. Full of character, not like the ones of today

I love turbostars…far too young and unqualified to have ever been near one but they really look impressive. I’ve got loads of models of them.

I think the Iveco are still building Turrbostars, for the home market only.
Either that or you can rebuild them from the ground up.
A final option is that they live for a lot longer in the more rarefied ( :question: ) Italian atmosphere, but I don’t think that’s the answer to the conundrum of brand new looking Turbostar 480 Specials driving around Italy.

im sure that first f88 pic the tank container one is one of kws, i recognise that picture from somewhere…

Brilliant pics, thanks a lot for putting em up, it was nice to see the interior shot of an 88, havent seen inside one since i used to go to Switzerland with my dad around 30 years ago.

Simon:
I think the Iveco are still building Turrbostars, for the home market only.
Either that or you can rebuild them from the ground up.
A final option is that they live for a lot longer in the more rarefied ( :question: ) Italian atmosphere, but I don’t think that’s the answer to the conundrum of brand new looking Turbostar 480 Specials driving around Italy.

no mate, not made any more, they are just looked after in a good dry climate. There are hundreds on Sicily, and the Turbostars are modern compared with what else they run!
Personally I thought they were rattling bags of poop, glad when I had mine traded in for a Eurotech, although that feeling didn’t last too long!!! I asked if I could have a Ford D series instead! :laughing:

Is TC Trevor Cathers still operating? The man himself used to be into his rallying, I once helped push his rolled Impreza out of a Kielder Forest ditch and back onto the road!

That Czech motor of the old state transport company CSAD, the blue one parked up with a Zephyr/Zodiac in the background. I once peered inside the chassis at one parked up and where the propshaft should be there was a great iron pipe bolted in sections about a foot in diameter. What was all that about, an encased propshaft or something out of a ship, seeing as landlocked Czecho would have had no need of such a thing. :question: :confused:

you weren’t looking at a retarder were you? Look a bit like props, see them on some Spanish trailers