Noobe recommendations for training around bedfordshire

Hi all new to the forum well have not visited for a while :blush: Anyways think I have just had a narrow escape from Clearstone (paid but have sent letter of cancellation under distance selling/cool off period) after reading your accounts on this site it put me right off them.I was under the impression they had there own facilities and not just farm you off to other training companies :imp: at a premium price.Can someone point me in the right direction?I have tried respond driver training but apparently there instructor is off for a operation :cry: would have thought they would have more than one and also ruled out Stirling nearly went for that so called ā€œfree class 1 trainingā€ until i found out I had 140 hours of CPC training :unamused:.So what would you recommend Oh yeah I would like back to back training if possible.

Welcome to TruckNet UK swordtail :smiley: .
Sorry I cannot help with a training
school in your area but I wish you
all the best with your training ect.

Thanks convoy I shall keep looking, a company in south mimms services (road train) seem to be recommended and its not a million miles from where I live any body have any comments on them :wink:

Hi there,
Have you tried Commercial Transport Training?
They are in Bedfordshire nr Leighton Buzzard.
I trained with them and thought they were good.

Hi no I havenā€™t Idid know they were there though used to drive past it on the way to work I will take a look on there site if they have one and have a look see still fancy road train as it is dsa registered.
edit not much of a website no info on fees anybody know what they charge?

Hi again!
Iā€™ve just been trying to find my assessment sheet with the cost but typical I canā€™t find it.
Anyhoo if I remember rightly then I think the cost was about Ā£110.00 a day or something like that. I remember thinking that they were quite expensive but they got me through my class 2 and 1.
They are a very proffessional outfit and train the new recuits for the local bus firms for PSV and also a lot of HGV firms use them too. Iā€™m pretty certain that they are reg with plenty of instructors. Theyā€™ve been there since the 70ā€™s.

Hope this info helps
Just call them up and speak to Betty, sheā€™s lovely, and sheā€™ll give you the all necessary details.

Will do first thing tomorrow :smiley:

Devon:
Hi there,
Have you tried Commercial Transport Training?
They are in Bedfordshire nr Leighton Buzzard.
I trained with them and thought they were good.

I passed with them in 1987 and thought they were excellent then.

Hi coffeeholic
Thanks got a feeling my brother did his there not sure though, with all the training centres around its a job just to find one thats any good just hope that clearstone cancel my training with no agro bet I get a begging phone call to change my mind :open_mouth:

Hi there Coffeeholic!

I ordered a copy of your book a couple of weeks ago from play.com, read it in one day and passed it to my Dad before he shipped out to Italy.

Very good read and intertaining too!!

Hi all cancellation with clearstone confirmed :smiley: I told them my reasons for cancelling and I quoted this site and other peoples experiences and that I was not happy to pay such a high premium for there services.By the way I am not saying they are no good just expensive and the job guareentee offer is appealing but an offer of a job miles from home and having to turn it down in my opinion would be a way out of there job guareentee as they did offer a job!So CTT here I come :wink: Ps they said they had not heard of this site thats funny if they have already replied on here :confused: :confused:

swordtail:
Ps they said they had not heard of this site thats funny if they have already replied on here :confused: :confused:

:open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Further evidence that the right hand doesnā€™t know what the left is doing at their place. In my opinion the best thing is to work on the assumption that even if their lips are moving they may not be actually giving you the facts. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

Well telephoned CTT in leighton Buzzard today booked assesment drive 1pm tomorrow :open_mouth: :open_mouth: How many pairs of underpants should I take? :laughing:

Good luck with that!!
Let us know how you get on! :smiley:

Well have had the assesment whoa scary :open_mouth: have been recommended 6 days training as I have not driven anything bigger than a transit and that was six years ago :blush: Well the drive stalled it once in the middle part of the journey had it in 8th (forgot the switch) got a bit close to some parked cars 14inches but to be fair to myself had a couple of prats on mopeds alongside was busy keeping an eye on them :angry: .Bonus though did not hit any kerbs or run over the stupid woman with her poodle evn though I tried my best :slight_smile: after the initial shock of the size of the thing did start to enjoy it a bit. Reversing was good,One thing I kept doing (well twice) was thinking the brake peddle was the accellerator :blush: :blush: :blush: will have to sort that out :unamused: Anyway start lessons on the 26 july then the game truly begins. :open_mouth:

Greatā€¦sounds like it went well for you.
Whoā€™s going to be your instructor? If you know yet.

Donā€™t forget to let us know how youā€™re getting on. :smiley:

Good luck with the trainning!

Ive got the govenor Bob I think his name was hope he is not a shouter not one for taking orders but all advise is truely welcome.One thing Devon I did say you and coffeholic recommended them to me he wanted to know your name? Can you pm me it, so I can pass it on next week I dont think they know about this site I will fix that however next week also.

Swordtail have PMā€™d you!

First off Devon you have pm.
Well got through the first day sort of ok caught the kerb a couple of times but not on the roundabouts though :unamused: downhill and uphill starts were excellent if I do say so myself and no probs with the gear change excercise and have sorted the brake and accelerator confusion I had on the assesment. :smiley: One thing is I keep getting to close to the edge of the road sh*t scared of clipping a mirror (or worse) with oncoming trucks :open_mouth: I will endeavour to sort this out tomorrow I hope.
well early night tonight Iā€™m Knackered.
:laughing:

Sounds like a pretty good day!
The kerbs and egde of road thing will get better once you get use to the size of the vehicle. Itā€™s all down to judgement.
Well Done you!
The trainning is tiring though and humbling from what I remember!
Iā€™ve just a couple of days with an instructor to give me more help with my reverse in a class 1 and Iā€™m worn out!! Back out on my own tomorrow and off to Basildon
Good that you got the gear change exercise down!!
Thanks for the update!!
Have a good tomorrow!
I didnā€™t get the PM?