Noobe recommendations for training around bedfordshire

Sorry Clare have had a few probs with the laptop thought it sent pm but obviously not : It was only to say Betty said “you was a star and a pretty one at that” and you deserved to pass as you worked so hard at it.
Well today what can I say a bl**dy nightmare got up at 6.30 to be there for 8 sharp and being a four eyed geezer :frowning: for the last 20 months, thought better give the specs a good clean. What a mistake one wipe and the frame broke :frowning: hence no glasses and no driving not with a plaster stuck to them anyway ,so made good got to the training center and cancelled the drive for the morning rushed of to get new glasses (thanx vision express bedford) they were stars quick turn around brand new specs for nothing :smiley: Got back for 12 and off we went all good just one or two mistermeaners(spelling) with kerbs nothing major went up the airfield for the reverse and brake exercise :open_mouth: to my surprise I nailed the reversing in one straight in 5 times in a row and no shunts :smiley: .Braking exercise took a while but got it in the end,then later ballsed up the gear change exercise :frowning: but got it in the end ,then the highlight of the day turning right in the middle of Dunstable right hand lane stopped at the lights handbrake on ready to go then WHACK there went nearside mirror smashed to pieces by 7.5 tonner turning left Instructor went nuts :angry: not at me I might add he said nothing at all to do with me as I was as far over to the right as I could go.So how’s about that for a day :wink: :wink:

Andy

Awwwww thank Betty for the compliment, she’s a lovely lady.

:open_mouth: Reversing straight away hey dude!! :laughing: Cool!.

Sounds to me like you’re doing well Andy!!

I had to grin when Bob went mad about the mirror. Same happened to me on my trainning in the class 1 down a lane out the back of Bletchley. A wide tractor came steaming passed us and swiped the mirror and cracked it! I couldn’t do my reverse properly and Jim had to fix it there and then! He wasn’t chuffed either :frowning:
Enjoy you’re weekend.
I’m looking forward to your update!!
Don’t forget now :wink:

Well Guys and dolls have not updated :slight_smile: had my test today and I dropped one at a set of lights totally stupid mistake and really should have known better I think nerves played a huge part in it hence no pass.A bit gutted to say the least after the week went so well but hey got to get back on that horse and try again :frowning: :frowning:

Sorry to hear that, good luck for next time.

Thanks Coffee still crying in my beer :cry:

sorry to hear about your test do you get any free re training

No unfortunately will have to cough up again.It was the day from hell again today even had some small kids kicking the tyres on the truck at a roundabout great when you are already on edge doing the test.Found out from the instructor that the route i was taken on was one he had not heard not seen before and he thinks I may have been a quota case for the day but I did mess up at a set of lights so I already new it was going to be fail/dodgy pass. :frowning:

So sorry you didn’t pass Andy.

It’s gutting isn’t it?
I can understand about the nerves :cry: They can play havoc.

Do you know how long you’ll have to wait for a re-test?

Lets hope it isn’t to long away, bet you clinch it next time.
Very best of luck!!

Hi Clare yeah had a letter from betty this morning extra training on tuesday evening and test wednesday morning 8.30 and your right I was gutted should have passed no problem most of the training went really well and Bob is a great instructor and a nice guy too got on really well with him. He was as gutted as me when he found out I didn’t pass any way fingers crossed for wednesday and I hope I don’t get the examiner with the irritating cough syndrome :laughing:

Well I got stiffed again failed me for not stopping at a set of lights which in my opinion I was past the point of safely stopping in time (half a trucks length) light turned red as the cab passed the lights and as I had a BMW close behind did not want to take the chance of getting stuffed up the arse :imp: So me and the examiner had words shall we say at the end of the test I told him there was no way The truck would have stopped on the right side of the lights so either way he was going to fail me.I must say it makes me feel like giving up on it and stick to the old job whats left of it that is :cry:

Sorry to hear that, don’t give up - third time lucky and all that.

Think it may be third and last time :frowning: I mean how many before you give up and call it a day :confused: should I do a poll :laughing:

Awwww Andy I’m gutted for you.
You sound really angry too!
Who was your examiner? I know they’ve got some tough cookies at Leighton Buzzard.

Of course you can’t give-up now, you’ve come to far for that. I hope you feel better tomorrow and get back in the saddle. I passed my class 2 on the 3rd attempt and understand it can be incredible frustrating. It is worth it though and you will get there.
Take Care

Thanks Clare for your words of encouragement.The instructor this time was Paul Audle before that I had a guy called C.Walker.I fully admit to the first fail being my fault but yesterdays fiasco was such a close call I simply could not justify not saying anything for example if the truck was fully laden I would have ended up way across the junction and in my opinion would have been more of a danger than carrying on as I did.You guys who are already doing the work would you stand on the breaks 20 foot or so from an amber light with a car following close behind?My arguement with the guy was that if you want me to stop the vehicle within a trucks length on the breaking exercise off road I might add,and then on the main carriage way in Dunstable stand on the breaks from 20 feet at 25-30 mph a bit unrealistic don’t you think ?I did ask what the procedure was for disagreeing with a decision made by an examiner was told there is one but it would be a waste of time :imp: I will have to have a think over the next few days on what to do next I may give it one more go and if the worse happens call it a day at that especially as I’m paying for this myself :cry:

swordtail:
Well I got stiffed again failed me for not stopping at a set of lights which in my opinion I was past the point of safely stopping in time (half a trucks length) light turned red as the cab passed the lights and as I had a BMW close behind did not want to take the chance of getting stuffed up the arse :imp: So me and the examiner had words shall we say at the end of the test I told him there was no way The truck would have stopped on the right side of the lights so either way he was going to fail me.I must say it makes me feel like giving up on it and stick to the old job whats left of it that is :cry:

Don’t give up swordtail, if you where half a trucks length when it turned to red you should have braked when it was amber as they say amber means stop.

Third time lucky just try and relax, I know it’s easier said than done just try and pretend the examiner isn’t there.

It took me 3 times to pass my test and they remember you so next time they will probably pass you.

Hi airhorn I may have worded my sentence wrong I meant that the light turned amber when at half truck length red as I passed the actual light do not know if you know Dunstable but the timing on the lights from amber to red is fairly quick, there are cameras on some of the lights on the main route from luton to Dunstable and I did not get a flash from the camera :confused:

I think Walker was the examiner that failed me for my first class 1!

Any news on a re-test Andy?

I will give ctt a ring tomorrow to book yet another test for next week if possible.And yes clare Mr Walker does have a rep at leighton not his fault though as I did mess up on the test with him at least it was a proper fail not like the last feller.I even looked it up on the dsa examiners guidelines I should have been given a minor for the amber light not a serious as i was given :imp:

for example if the truck was fully laden

It’s bad luck that you failed, but the examiner knows its unladen and can stop a bit sharper than fully laden. You’ve just got to get back out there and try again, if you throw the towel in now you will have spent £1000 + ? if you can afford to write that off, then surely you can afford to have one or two more tries. If you quit now you have spent a lot of money for nothing but if you spend just a little more then you will surely get the result.

Hopefully you will get through it soon.

swordtail:
I will give ctt a ring tomorrow to book yet another test for next week if possible.

That’s great news Andy! :wink:

I know it’s bloody frustrating when you get failed and it’s questionable. I failed my class 2 test on the 2nd attempt. I was going through a small village with cars parked to my right and from ahead around a corner comes a rover, at speed, he flashes me to continue and then jumps up on the kerb. So I carry on. However when I got back to the test centre he failed me stating that I forced the rover up on the kerb :cry:
Once back at home I had a good kick and scream and passed the 3rd time :sunglasses:

And Walker failed me on my first class 1 because I cluncked some over-hanging branches. I know, a hanging offence :frowning: I didn’t do that once during the training :imp:

Passed the class 1 on my 2nd attempt :smiling_imp: Mind you that test felt like it was going on forever. Incidentlay it was the same examiner that passed me for my class 2. For the life of me I can’t remember his name but I remember that he’s the Chief Examiner there.

Anyway Andy I really hope it works out for you next time. Try to put this last test out of you mind it won’t have any weight on your next test and you can’t change it. You know you can do it and stay positive.
All the best