Starting Training...

Hi all,

Finally going to take the plunge and do my Class 2. Looking forward to learning in fact. :smiley: The information on this site I have read so far during my interest has been great to read and a excellent source of information about the industry. However, one company I have yet to see mentioned is one nearby to my house, North Lancs Road Transport Training. They have no website, but seem to be a well established business near Accrington, Lancs. Can any say anything good (or bad) about this particular school. Otherwise, if anybody can recommend a good training school in my area I would be very much obliged.

Thanks in advance!

Karl.

Good luck with the training :slight_smile:

Good luck with the training :smiley:

Best of Luck to KarlM enjoy your training, Listen & dont be afraid to ask your instructor questions. It seems a lot to take in @ 1st but it does all come together in the end Honest :smiley:

Good luck with it !!

G

When I booked mine a rang around and soon got a feel for who were more professional than others, the instructor I used wasnā€™t the cheapest but was really helpful on the phone, sent me the form for the medical and gave me loads of info. They were DSA approved which means that the instructor is a driving instructor and a HGV driver rather than a HGV driver who has been driving for more than 3 years.

I found out that they provided a lot more driving time than some of the other schools and was taught in a a full size Scania rather than a 10-12t Iveco like some of the others use. Whilst i am not going to knock them, they are little more than a 7.5t and a lot less daunting than a 18 or 26t vehicle. Ok for your lessons and test, but come first job then the real thing will seem much bigger. Better to start in one and get familiar.

My instructor had me out at 5 in the morning one day and 10 at night in London another, all of this was good expereince and well worth the extra in my opinion.

I passed (scraped through) first time and didnt have to fork out Ā£100+ for lessons and retest.

If anyone in the Essex area is looking for training then Chelmer Valley Training is definately worth considering.

It can be hard work and at times you think you will never be able to do it, but when the examiner says ā€œWell Iā€™m pleased to tell youā€¦ā€ It all becomes worthwhile.

Best of luck

Thanks for all you encouragement and suggestions!

Karl :slight_smile:

good luck with the training and the testsā€¦

Quick update. Now looking for another training school. Had a couple of bad experiences with current one :frowning: Luckily I hadnā€™t paid any moneyā€¦ I am now considering perhaps Lancaster Training, or perhaps HGV North Manchester. Has anybody had use of these schools in the past, I think Iā€™ve seen HGV North Manchester mentioned on here before but I canā€™t remember where. I will keep updated on here, to hopefully post some info on my training company of choice, as there isnā€™t many of my local schools mentioned on here very much.

If anyone has any recommendations about training in the Lancashire area, I would be very grateful!

Karl :slight_smile:

good luck with your training,listen hard and enjoy it.best thing i ever did,even at 46 :frowning:

:slight_smile: Karl,
Have you tried Nightfreight ?
Theyā€™re a large nationwide parcel and contract delivery firm that have their Training Academy in Burnley, but Iā€™m fairly sure they train non - employees as well.

nightfreight.co.uk/training.asp

I canā€™t ā€˜recommendā€™ them as such, - I just know that they are in your area and are well established. :wink:

You never know, it might lead to a job opportunity with them after you have passed the tests. :sunglasses:

Good Luck.

Good luck with your training, am starting mine now, 1st lesson proper next week! All the best

Cheers

Steve

Thanks again for your replies. Good luck with the training Dr Keys!
Thankyou Deesider for the mention of Nightfreight. I pass their Blackburn depot most days, and Iā€™ve seen their training vehicles out on the road, but never thought that they might train non-employees.

Thanks Again.

Karl :smiley: