Non Drivers on TNUK

Maybe i’m being unfair, but there seems recently to have been a small but annoying influx of non drivers to tnuk. I’m talking about the Eddie “spotters” that seem to have started posting on the Old Time Lorries forum and so on. I saw Shuttlespanker’s idea for a separate ESL forum, while i’m not against ESL in any way myself, I don’t see why we should have to put up with some of the ■■■■ they’re posting as they must have dedicated fruit loop sites of their own to play with each other on.

Please don’t try and tell me they might be drivers too, because we all know they aint. So, my question is, even though this is widely regarded as a driver’s forum, do we have to suffer non driver’s from joining, apart from on the newbie and wannabe driver’s forum obviously?

Like I said, i’m not an ESL basher and i’m not against spotters who want to sit on a motorway bridge with a pen in one hand whilst tugging themselves off under a blanket with the other hand, each to their own, but please don’t let them populate tnuk.

I think the reason for the latest influx is due to the success of Trucknet. You only have to type Stobart or Astrans into Google and on the first page there will be lots of links to TNUK, if you click on the images tab in Google, most of the pictures of lorries will be on this site.

If you go to the members page, you will see “24765 users” at 16.21 today. How many of those are regular posters? very very few of us!

It’s not just Stobarts that get spotted. We’re a bit bigger fleet these days and seem to get spotted/photo’d a lot - you can see them noting your number and box number down as you pass. I even had one bloke screech down to a roundabout on the Darlo bypass this week in order to turn back and get a shot of mine in a layby on break. Fair plays to him, he asked ever-so politely before getting his camera out, so I apologised for it being filthy and told him to carry on. :stuck_out_tongue:

They do no harm, just avoid the threads you’re not interested in. As Malc says above, the size and popularity of the website makes it inevitable we’ll get enthusiasts as well as drivers using it. Hell, at least they’re not slagging us off like the rest of the civilised universe! :wink:

Lucy:
It’s not just Stobarts that get spotted. We’re a bit bigger fleet these days and seem to get spotted/photo’d a lot - you can see them noting your number and box number down as you pass. I even had one bloke screech down to a roundabout on the Darlo bypass this week in order to turn back and get a shot of mine in a layby on break. Fair plays to him, he asked ever-so politely before getting his camera out, so I apologised for it being filthy and told him to carry on. :stuck_out_tongue:

They do no harm, just avoid the threads you’re not interested in. As Malc says above, the size and popularity of the website makes it inevitable we’ll get enthusiasts as well as drivers using it. Hell, at least they’re not slagging us off like the rest of the civilised universe! :wink:

sorry Lucy, don’t believe you :unamused:

i have never known you appologise for anything :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That’s because you’ve never deserved an apology, Rob. :stuck_out_tongue: