New to TruckNet

As per the title, basically.

Had a weekend of looking around the Forum a bit and reading some of the topics and so on here. … job to keep up with some of you whittering on!! :stuck_out_tongue: Posted some photos from Truckfest which I popped down to for the first time in a main few years, since taking the then truck I drove down.

Nowadays I’m part time driving as a self employed bloke, haulage making up about half or just under of what I do. Usual cargo being knackered old tractors back to the firms workshop for refurb and export, or said tractors, farm machinery, plant, lorries, 4x4’s etc outbound to docks.

So there it is, in a nut shell!

Greetings to you all, NRT.

Hello

Pull my finger :open_mouth:

I like trucks :slight_smile:

Welcome to TN NRT. (good name btw)

Don’t worry too much about Stagedriver’s post, you always get an odd one in here had a few too many sherberts in the evening.

There’s an eclectic mix of members here as I’m sure you’ve noticed from those who definitely didn’t sit on the front row at school in English spelling & grammar lessons to very knowledgeable, well educated individuals. However most are quick to help with what they think is the right answer when a member needs help/information and a few will know the answer.

P.S. Pic diaries of a day’s work are always well received. (I say that as it does sound like you’re doing something slightly more interesting than trundling a shopping trolley around at 39.5 mph).

Driveroneuk:
There’s an electic mix of members here as I’m sure you’ve noticed from those who definitely didn’t sit on the front row at school in English spelling & grammar lessons to very knowledgeable, well educated individuals.

“eclectic”…

Welcome to TNUK NRT !! :laughing:

Indeed Mike, well spotted, I’ve corrected my typo. :laughing:

Driveroneuk:
There’s an electic mix of members here as I’m sure you’ve noticed from those who definitely didn’t sit on the front row at school in English spelling & grammar lessons to very knowledgeable, well educated individuals.

There’s also the people who can read and write but just mess about and say silly things for the [zb]s and giggles.

Welcome to TNUK, stay alert, trust nobody and don’t mention Stobart’s unless you want to start a twenty page handbag fight.

Thank you for the welcomes and the humour shown, nothing better in life than a laugh! :smiley:
I’ll do a diary, sounds like a plan. Today its Tilbury with a 26t Merc Atego and a class baler. All off and on a break, then home via Reading to puck up a plough.

Oh and first question, what is being auto sensed for [zb’s] ? I take it it’s some kind of filter? :question:

Cheers for now!

Before the auto censor was introduced, inappropriate and/or naughty words in posts were manually censored and/or removed. (there weren’t nearly so many members & posts in those days). There was a mod called Zaarbean (or similar spelling) who used to do this laborious chore. Where he had removed a naughty word he would insert [zb].

Now if you try to use a naughty word, the AC will zap it and automatically replace it with [zb].

Welcome to the forum NRT. Let the games begin. :wink:

Mike-C:

Driveroneuk:

“eclectic”…

Welcome to TNUK NRT !! :laughing:

Would have thought Eclectic would be the correct word in this instance?

ec·lec·tic
adjective
selecting or choosing from various sources.
made up of what is selected from different sources.
not following any one system, as of philosophy, medicine, etc., but selecting and using what are considered the best elements of all systems.

Madguy :smiling_imp:

SmashedCrabFace:

Driveroneuk:

There’s also the people who can read and write but just mess about and say silly things for the [zb]s and giggles.

Welcome to TNUK, stay alert, trust nobody and don’t mention Stobart’s unless you want to start a twenty page handbag fight.

And what’s wrong with Stobarts?? :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

BTW - welcome NRT (may I call you that?)

Welcome NRT !!

Where ■■■■ is Zaarbean now adays ? Is he still on the fourm

FFS, why the zb are you asking zb questions, when its obvious the zb has zb off, and who the zb cares anyway… :laughing: :laughing:

NiceRoadTrucker:
nothing better in life than a laugh! :smiley:

Your good lady not into ■■■■■■■ then ■■ :laughing:

Driveroneuk:
Before the auto censor was introduced, inappropriate and/or naughty words in posts were manually censored and/or removed. (there weren’t nearly so many members & posts in those days). There was a mod called Zaarbean (or similar spelling) who used to do this laborious chore. Where he had removed a naughty word he would insert [zb].

Now if you try to use a naughty word, the AC will zap it and automatically replace it with [zb].

The fact we have a swearing filter is laughable, we are truckers …working men that swear hundreds of times a day …is anyone offended by seeing it in text form ?

if yes then you a ■■■■ :smiley:

rockape2620:

Driveroneuk:

The fact we have a swearing filter is laughable, we are truckers …working men that swear hundreds of times a day …is anyone offended by seeing it in text form ?

if yes then you a [zb] :smiley:

Yes, as a matter of fact, I am offended by swearing, not only on here, but everywhere in life. Swearing simply shows a lack of normal vocabulary.
But I must admit that, sadly, I’m in the minority nowadays.

Watchin you NRT as a possible psuedonym or wind up… :sunglasses:

emmerson2:
Yes, as a matter of fact, I am offended by swearing, not only on here, but everywhere in life. Swearing simply shows a lack of normal vocabulary.
But I must admit that, sadly, I’m in the minority nowadays.

The fact that you are offended by swearing offends me to be honest, not only are they just words but they are words that are part of the daily language of millions if not billions of adult humans on this planet, the fact you don’t swear makes you a ■■■■ :imp:

Why?