5 posts on TNUK since 10:30 am ! How come?

What seems to be the problem with TN ? There appears to be a definite lack of interest ! Cheers Bewick :open_mouth: :unamused: :confused:

Bewick:
What seems to be the problem with TN ? There appears to be a definite lack of interest ! Cheers Bewick :open_mouth: :unamused: :confused:

Weā€™re all scouring the internet trying to find a pic of a J4T with an 8LXB :smiley: :smiley:

yes BEWICK as a relative newcomer to TRUCKNET it seems to me as a reader of all posts on all topics there is only so much you can rehash and kick around that has not been done, i for myself i cannot keep all with all the techno and engineering wonderment on the values of engines long gone to be honest as i have said before when i was driving you drove what you were given and got on with it and never asked my opinion of anything which was correct in my view.

I have posted my own stuff again as something to do and maybe some have not read it ,as for new posts on here ??if you read all the stuff on the newbie posts ,they are not the same breed as us oldies moaning about hours etc i have given up now reading any of it i have done my last post on other topics, me i cannot invent stuff that never happened,so long as all us oldies stick together,and maybe start more different topics without truck orientation like more FARMING or just tell how your day went or not and how we survive as pensioners .

I myself are struggling just with day to day expensive s and i expect its private , i do not care what others have got my predicament was through haulage ,and lack of forethought just like when you were loaded the thing on your mind was get back and tip.caution to the windā€¦dbp

Hi Dennis, itā€™s 1.30 p.m. here in Queensland which makes it 3.30 a.m. over in the U.K.

At the moment, according to the Truck Net statistics, there are 602 guests looking at the website and two registered users, dorsetwurzel and myself.

There are 28 guests looking at this particular thread so you think that maybe one or two of them would have something to add. :confused: :frowning:

I wonder if the reason may be that, like me, the site continually logs people off. I reported this to a mod but heard nothing back nor has anything been done. So I am one of the apparent guests who cannot post. Indeed as I write this I do not know whether I have been logged out again and will not be able to post this! Lets seeā€¦

Itā€™s down to certain members posting constant drivel about pensions , day workers , money , Police trucks etc

Iā€™m sure you have a yarn, or ten, that you could post in the Tales thread. I thoroughly enjoyed the Bewick thread, befor it got pulled. :frowning: I reckon that you would have a few interesting and/or amusing yarns that we would appreciate.

blue estate:
Itā€™s down to certain members posting constant drivel about pensions , day workers , money , Police trucks etc

Iā€™d rather learn about pensions that read about drivel that itā€™s quiet on here! I struggle to find the time to read it all.

I started a thread about industries and businesses from your hometown/City which seems to have gone very quiet
I enjoy and contribute to Buzzers Street scenes thread and I enjoyed Carryfast-Yetis ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  thread which was hijacked by the resident know it all (but knows [zb] all)
I donā€™t take many pictures of lorries as I think all modern lorries look the same and are boring and bland (Iā€™m in my 50s) but there are still is some smart liveries about
I donā€™t go on so called UK professional Drivers site as Iā€™ve no time for the frilly curtain and pelmet brigade itā€™s like a Willy waving competition to whoā€™s got the shiniest dust caps fitted [emoji6] and you canā€™t get a decent conversation without immature replies

Dipster:
I wonder if the reason may be that, like me, the site continually logs people off. I reported this to a mod but heard nothing back nor has anything been done. So I am one of the apparent guests who cannot post. Indeed as I write this I do not know whether I have been logged out again and will not be able to post this! Lets seeā€¦

Not just you (he says, after logging in againā€¦)

Bewick:

Perhaps the problem is your end Dennis. I suggest stringing a mile or so of copper wire from your palatial gaff (no shared lines) to the local telephone exchange and demanding that the operators re-connect you.

Maybe some of these truck driving members are actually driving trucks today? :laughing:

Iā€™ve posted all the photos Iā€™ve taken but hereā€™s one my brother-in-law took of me. Itā€™s got everything, taken in a little transport yard, magnificent old Atky but not old then and of course that gallant handsome driver. :sunglasses:

Well, in all fairnessā€¦unfortunately the search-machine is not that thoroughā€¦enabling/forcing folks to do what they wanted to do
by starting new threads and at the end of the dayā€¦ā€˜allā€™ has been said, written, shown and NOBODY knows WHAT, WHERE, WHEN, WHY
or do I need to say more?

Previous in the era of magazines (DEANB) you later on got a review in which issue you could find a certain marque, type, model or ā€¦

TNUK going R.I.P.?

Star down under.:
Iā€™m sure you have a yarn, or ten, that you could post in the Tales thread. I thoroughly enjoyed the Bewick thread, befor it got pulled. :frowning: I reckon that you would have a few interesting and/or amusing yarns that we would appreciate.

Iā€™m not going to waste my time posting on a thread that is relegated to the ā€œback pagesā€ of the site so forget it ! Bewick :angry: :unamused: :confused:

Dipster:

Not sure which Mod or Admin you mentioned this to or when TBH. Iā€™ve looked in the settings, in the User Control Panel, thereā€™s a link to it just under the words board index. There is nothing that I can see, thatā€™s going you log off each time. However there is a setting to automatically log you in each time, when you access the board. Have you got that set? Next time you have to login, tick the box for that and see if it makes a difference.

ERF-Continental:
Well, in all fairnessā€¦unfortunately the search-machine is not that thoroughā€¦enabling/forcing folks to do what they wanted to do
by starting new threads and at the end of the dayā€¦ā€˜allā€™ has been said, written, shown and NOBODY knows WHAT, WHERE, WHEN, WHY
or do I need to say more?

Previous in the era of magazines (DEANB) you later on got a review in which issue you could find a certain marque, type, model or ā€¦

TNUK going R.I.P.?

Translation? :laughing:

Maybe they have finally taken the advice to go elsewhere if not happy with what happens here ā€¦

Colingl:

Dipster:

Not sure which Mod or Admin you mentioned this to or when TBH. Iā€™ve looked in the settings, in the User Control Panel, thereā€™s a link to it just under the words board index. There is nothing that I can see, thatā€™s going you log off each time. However there is a setting to automatically log you in each time, when you access the board. Have you got that set? Next time you have to login, tick the box for that and see if it makes a difference.

I.went through a stage of being logged out all the time, I found if I ticked all the boxes Including the hiding the online one, it stopped doing itā€¦and itā€™s never done it since.

If Iā€™m anything to go by there must be 100,s/1,000,s of threads / posts from members on moderation going in the random crap bin