Who are we???

This has probably been covered before but I couldnt find it, so here goes. Have you ever wondered how many fellow Trucknet users you have passed on the road, or even sat next to in truckstops? I know have. Well how many of you would be willing to submit a pic of your motor or even yourself on to a seperate forum if it was available, or maybe in “The Family Room”. I always believe its good to put a face to a voice, as to speak. So come on guys and gals fill in the poll and lets see if there is enough of us to make this happen.

I voted no. I have put pictures of my truck up in the past, and may do so in the future, but wouldn’t post one of me. Asfar as I am aware there are only three photos of me in existence, my passport, my driving licence and one that was in Commercial Motor a couple of years ago and I’m not posting them.

Like Neil, more than happy to post pic’s of my lorry, but not of me :open_mouth: I’m not in the habit of scaring people or making them sick :wink:

John

have put photos of trucks ive driven in the passed but has i dont have my own at the mo i cant. all i know is its a black scania or volvo.

jon

i have no problem posting pictures of my truck but not of me. im camera shy :laughing:

I don’t get the fascination people have for posting pics of themselves in online forums? I have zero interest in knowing what other members on here look like, and why would anyone it’s not a dating forum so what someone on here looks like is irrelevant surely?

I have done, most recent on owner drivers forum when I was responsible for the closure of the A24 :blush:

Coffeeholic:
Asfar as I am aware there are only three photos of me in existence, my passport, my driving licence and one that was in Commercial Motor a couple of years ago and I’m not posting them.

Well funny enough I was going to get you to pose holding the CE02 for the Timer Advert we are going to be running :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

(Have you Collected it yet?)

Collected it and using it, it’s all good. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

picture of my truck already up.
not sure the world is ready for more pictures of me, bad enough the ones in truck and driver last year.
usually the only strangers wanting to see a picture of me are at passport control.

There are plenty of me and my truck about if you search for them. :wink:

Coffeeholic:
I don’t get the fascination people have for posting pics of themselves in online forums? I have zero interest in knowing what other members on here look like, and why would anyone it’s not a dating forum so what someone on here looks like is irrelevant surely?

I get wot you are saying Neil, but its not a fascination of seeing what others look like, its about being able to talk to people face to face that we are happy to talk to via a computer. Ok then, if not a pic of the mush, then one of just our motor’s. Surely if you recognise someone as you pass them, and give them a quick flash of the headlights or a shout on the cb (if you are brave enough to admit you still have one), then it would go along way to build up the camarardeie that was shared by drivers in the past.

I see what you are saying jase11 but I fear it would take more than that to restore the camaraderie. In my experience drivers have been complaining that the camaraderie isn’t as good as it used to be during the nineties, eighties, seventies … Sometime I wonder if it ever really existed to that great an extent? The old joke sums it up I fear.

A woman receives a knock on the door and finds a policeman standing there. He informs here he has bad news and goes on to tell her, her lorry driving husband has been stabbed to death. She is shaken and understandable upset by the dreadful news. “Where was he stabbed,” she asks the policeman. “In the chest Ma’am,” said the officer. “Wasn’t one of his mates then,” she replied. :wink: :smiley:

A woman receives a knock on the door and finds a policeman standing there. He informs here he has bad news and goes on to tell her, her lorry driving husband has been stabbed to death. She is shaken and understandable upset by the dreadful news. “Where was he stabbed,” she asks the policeman. “In the chest Ma’am,” said the officer. “Wasn’t one of his mates then,” she replied

ROFLMAO :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Coffeeholic:

I have had pictures of my truck put on here (by both myself & others)

I have also had pictures of myself put on here (never by me)

The damage is done now :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

i have put pics up before of me and the truck. i got a bit of stick for looking like a model for burtons :smiley: but not as much as liberace did for the shirt he wore.

I don’t mind pictures of my truck, but I don’t think you’re ready for pictures of me yet

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Denis F:
I don’t mind pictures of my truck, but I don’t think you’re ready for pictures of me yet

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Is that not a portrait of youself in your acatar then? :wink:

im not bothered either way ive posted enough pics on here of trucks ive driven or my dad has . i think there is a pic’s of me in bullys bar and one on truckersworld if someone wants to see me ive no problem putting a piccy up and as for meeting other trucknetys the ones i have met have been really good people and they are jonboy100 robk and lucy and tony tiger. all good people i wouldnt mind if i bumped into again.

perhaps we all ought to get the trucknetuk stickers to put in the windscreen :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

my commission for this sales pitch is a free one :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: