Noel Zwecker closes down

u.tv/News/Fifty-jobs-lost-in … 70ba508b37

Thats a crying shame . Like most of rest if you couldn’t / wouldn’t work you wouldn’t be there long but Noel Zwecker was a gentleman to do business with .

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-16867875

suprised vosa never shut him down years ago ffs.

miked:

How could VOSA put a N. Irish company out of business when they don’t have a GB operators license. And what evidence do you actually have that they ran bent. I’ve known several drivers on for them over the years and they kept the hours 100% legal.

maurice:

miked:

How could VOSA put a N. Irish company out of business when they don’t have a GB operators license.

This is TruckNet and people don’t tend to let insignificant facts, such as VOSA don’t operate in Northern Ireland, get in the way. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Looks like another Gibbs of Fraserburgh style pull-out. Probably at retirement age too, fair play to him, plenty more fridge hauliers over there to pick up the work.

dave_k:
Looks like another Gibbs of Fraserburgh style pull-out. Probably at retirement age too, fair play to him, plenty more fridge hauliers over there to pick up the work.

That is what I was thinking 40 years in the business and a bit of a downturn could make you think again. I have always been impressed by them, had a craic with quite a few drivers over the years.

maurice:

miked:

How could VOSA put a N. Irish company out of business when they don’t have a GB operators license. And what evidence do you actually have that they ran bent. I’ve known several drivers on for them over the years and they kept the hours 100% legal.

ffs mate your from the north yourself, there well known for drivers running bent, dont get me wrong there cards would be 100% with the help of a wire or magnet.

miked:

maurice:

miked:

ffs mate your from the north yourself, there well known for drivers running bent, dont get me wrong there cards would be 100% with the help of a wire or magnet.

got any concrete proof that they were doing what you say they were doing

scotstrucker:

miked:

maurice:

miked:

ffs what sort of proof do u want :question:

Another good old school haulier gone. More interesting than been one of eddies elfs or working for tesco going at 50 to get another hours over time

miked:

scotstrucker:

miked:

maurice:

miked:

ffs what sort of proof do u want :question:

well you have been shown to be wrong already in this post so forgive people if they are looking something more “concrete” from you. :unamused:

the reporter claims that haulage has protection that other areas of business doesnt, like ‘haulage cant be outsourced to china’. well hes right it cant but doesnt need china to rip the rates apart just a hop over the english channel for our foreign compeitors is all it takes.

wirralpete:
the reporter claims that haulage has protection that other areas of business doesnt, like ‘haulage cant be outsourced to china’. well hes right it cant but doesnt need china to rip the rates apart just a hop over the english channel for our foreign compeitors is all it takes.

or outsource logistics to Stobarts who can provide a ‘cost effective solution’ !!! :laughing:

Mike-C:

wirralpete:

or outsource logistics to Stobarts who can provide a ‘cost effective solution’ !!! :laughing:

careful!
you will have MO on in a bit defending his masters like the good little rimmer he is :laughing:

Not surprised, haulage is a waste of time at the moment too many trucks chasing too little work. The rates for hire & reward hauliers are complete bobbins taking in to account your costs & effort to run a decent outfit.

Coffeeholic:

maurice:

miked:

How could VOSA put a N. Irish company out of business when they don’t have a GB operators license.

This is TruckNet and people don’t tend to let insignificant facts, such as VOSA don’t operate in Northern Ireland, get in the way. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Most helpful. :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

miked:

We’re all ‘known’ to be using wires and magnets, just like it’s ‘known’ that we all carry hanging beef with 20 tonne of steel. Most of it has nothing to do with facts about a company, simply a Brits opinion based solely on a number plate.