Hey peeps, im new here. Just going through my hgv training now, hopefully will past first time. Instructor seems to think i wont have a problem.

Just wanted to know how easy is it to get work without experience and what kind of work should i be looking for as a new driver.

I am wanting to get a couple years driving experience under my belt then hopefully try becoming an owner driver.

What truck would you recomend for an owner driver, im thinking volvo fh■■? What about trailers, best to hire or do u normaly get supplied them from whoever you doing work for?

Been reading over posts on this site for a while now, decided i would join up, u all seem to be helpful. Cheers guys n gals :smiley:

hi king monkey welcome to tn goodluck with your training if you look hard enough you will find work

im not an o/d but i would recommend that you get your cpc/ ol before anything and dont buy truck till found work for it

sorry not much help but if you wait till the weekend im sure some of the o/d will give you the info your after once again gud luck and welcome :smiley:

hey, do i need a cpc to drive for someone else or is that just for owner drivers.

Cheers

apparentley everyone will need a cpc by 2014 i think coffee has all the details about that

fozzie:
apparentley everyone will need a cpc by 2014 i think coffee has all the details about that

Different CPC, the one that will be required by everyone who drives an LGV for a living is different to the one required for an O Licence.

oh rite :blush: :blush: :laughing:

thanx guys, havnt realy introduced myself properly so here goes, im 26, live in the scottish borders, any of u drove through the borders■■?

Had a thing about trucks since i was a wee lad. Now im excited about doing my test, currently going through my class 2 then hopefully straight into my class 1
(do people still call it class 1 and 2) depending on my cash flow at the time as me and my mrs are expecting a baby in 11 weeks.

Cheers

People still call it class 1,2 & 3…but the authorites call it LGV C & C+E.
If you’ve got a little one on the way, do you really want to become a lorry driver at all? You’ll more than likely miss most of the kids childhood, I know I have. Theres not much in my life that given the chance I’d change, but I bitterly regret being away from home for the fomative years. Just give it some thought.