New "Old" Driver

Hi Guys, I have had my class 1 for many years and for one reason or another, circumstances have never been right to use it. I was made redundant in November and I took the opportunity to take a couple of refreshers - 4 hours with Stockport HGV and 2 hours reversing with North Lancs HGV. I signed on with an agency and had quite a bit of class 2 fridge work with Wincanton (hard graft) over Christmas. As you all know work has dried up and I haven’t had any work for nearly 3 weeks now, despite signing with a second agency. My problem is lack of experience and I would love someone to give me some time on an artic - I would do it for free for the experience, does anyone know of Companies / Agencies hat are sympathetic to newby class 1’s, maybe able to offer assesment days etc ?
Great forum by the way
Cheers.

Welcome Jackso. What a time to pick to come back into the industry, Dont know of any companies but theres no harm in doing a drive/ring round some local companies, if you dont ask you dont get

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome Jackso :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

FAQ forum for info on Posting Pics, Driver CPC, Getting 1st LGV Licence and much more…

I reckon that you would have a better chance with an owner driver,as there would be insurance issues with a larger company,also a driver would think that you are after his job.

:smiley: Hi Jackso, WELCOME. :grimacing:

Sorry to hear of your plight, and I’d like to second the advice you’ve already been given.

Good luck mate. :smiley:

:smiley: Welcome to Trucknet UK Jackso:smiley:

Good luck with the job search