Newbie wanting advice

Ive got my first driving job tommrow with an agencie driving a 7.5 ton and iam really nervous over silly little things wat about if i get lost hows to use a digital tacho just silly things so any advice would be great thanks tomsd1989

What area are you in, and probably more to the point what area are you expecting to be delivering in or type of loads.

This interactive page has some Scottish bird who speaks Spanish, very good training if you have never sat in a truck

Click on the link and play with yourself :stuck_out_tongue:

cheers for that mate i live in gravesend and ill be delivering news papers to the distributors

Wheel Nut:
What area are you in, and probably more to the point what area are you expecting to be delivering in or type of loads.

This interactive page has some Scottish bird who speaks Spanish, very good training if you have never sat in a truck

tomsd1989:
cheers for that mate i live in gravesend and ill be delivering news papers to the distributors

Wheel Nut:

I imagine you will be quite busy with little time for sightseeing, after all you can hardly bring the load back :laughing: If it is London I always find an A to Z is quicker and easier than a sat nav

Depends where you are going poss a good A-Z as if you have a sat nav dont rely on it as it wont know what size vehicle you are in so may try to send you down roads you cant go

Take your time relax & remember what your were taught

Hi tomsd1989, dont worry , you’ll be fine, a lot of people get nervous when starting something new. Go prepared- like the others say with a good map, just remember what you have been taught & you’ll be okay. mobile phone & a contact number just incase , & come back & tell us all how you got on :smiley:

Thanks bonnie lass i let u no how i get on

bonnie lass:
Hi tomsd1989, dont worry , you’ll be fine, a lot of people get nervous when starting something new. Go prepared- like the others say with a good map, just remember what you have been taught & you’ll be okay. mobile phone & a contact number just incase , & come back & tell us all how you got on :smiley:

I had my first outing Mon and felt just like you just asked everyone in there if was not sure about anything and get the number of the depot so you can call them out on road it is a shock to system but first day always like a headless chicken but next day you go in you will no what to expect and be a bit calmer :wink:

Best of luck

Jennie x

hi mate good on ya son. if you get lost in london dont ask for directions unless you speak polish or urdu . ha ha sit back take a breath eat a yorkie wots the worst that can happen dont worry your be fine good luck