Newbie to the site and driving thang!

Hi all! Im John!! I am new to this website this is my first post…But i have read almost every post and because everyone here seems to be very friendly thought id register myself and share my experiences aswell!!

Well i passed my theory test last week! Got 35/35 on the questions and 58/75 on the hazard so that was a good start, althought the hazard perception score could of been better!!!

Anyway…im doing my class 2 and 1 back to back as they say with a company called Clearstone. I havent been set a date for my class 2 as my Loan is still to be released, but Barclays say 7 days! So i will let you know the course date soon! After that it will be onto my class1!! All for the tidy cost of £2000! Hasnt cost me that thought…yet! I got a career development loan!!

I have a lot of experience driving class 1 already which may help a lot [night shunting in yards]…i work at a flour mill in the laboratory on nights. Most nights it gets very boring so the drivers have shown me how to load there flour tankers! Now of course theres no excaping the inevitable phone calls…“hey John, can you load my tank up for the morning?”!! Not that i mind of course, i get a lot of reversing practicing, its a very tight yard so manouvering is quite difficult! All the trucks are Daf 85CF on 04’ plates wit 40ft tanks. They have 4 over 4 box with a splitter.

Anyway ive gone on too much this was supposed to be a short post! Nice to meet you all.

Welcome to TruckNet Malone.
Remember the only daft question is the one you never asked!

Good luck with the training. keep us all up to date!

Hiya John, welcome aboard M8! have fun! :smiley:

welcome to trucknet malone,good to see you on board :wink:

remember we are here to help as much as we are here to take the mick :laughing:

seriously don’t be scared to ask anything you don’t know or understand :wink: someone will know the answer :wink: good luck :laughing:

As above. Welcome, good luc etc, etc.

thanks for a nice welcome…one question…wheres the toilet im bursting??

hi john :smiley: welcome

malone:

Two posts down on the left :stuck_out_tongue: .

Hi,

Welcome to TruckNet Malone.
I look forward to reading your
progress.

good look :slight_smile:

malone:

I thought we had to pee against a wheel. :smiley:
Welcome from another newbie, it sure is a great site.
Gordy

Hiya John, Just to repeat everyone above… Welcome to TruckNetUK buddy.
Hope all goes well with the training, and Barclays get their bums into gear and give ya the cash…
Keep Up posted mate, and welcome again… :wink:

hello and welcome john :smiley:

Hello John, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hello from me (another newbie)
Hopefully one day we will not be newbies

Jeez, I’m TOO OLD to be a newbie but can’t escape it. :cry:

Hope it all goes well for you M8 :smiley:

aposhark

Well for a newbie, you’ve got more experience than most of us… :open_mouth: :wink:

Best of luck with your back to back lessons-test

Luv
Chrisie… :sunglasses: