Newbie!

Hi (long time listener, first time caller! :laughing: )

Having read these forums for the past couple of months I thought I’d have my two pennies worth!

Well i’m currently a Paramedic controller in Manchester and also a part time driver for Interlink Express, I’ve been thinking for months about doing my HGV and have always had an intrest in trucks ect (I did my school work experiance as a drivers mate for frieghtliner!)… Well cutting a long story I’ve found some funding and hope to do my Class 2 in November then Class 1 later next year, then hopefully out of that control room and into some Real Work.

I’ll hopefully post a diary of my course as I’ve found hearing peoples real experiances on here really interesting (and helpful in my decision to take the plunge!)

Thats it for now
Regards
Dan!

… I used to work in sales for ERF in Trafford Park, But i’ll keep that to myself for now :blush: !

Welcome to TruckNet Dan and good luck with your training when it starts. A diary of your experience would be very interesting and useful to others thinking of taking the plunge…

Coffeeholic:
A diary of your experience would be very interesting and useful to others thinking of taking the plunge…

Or not!! as the case may be!. :wink:

Welcome to TruckNet mate and good luck with your training!

Why ‘not’ Ian?

It would either convice them they want to do it or convince them they don’t. Either way useful. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Neil, dont you find it strange that lots of people want/or are thinking about being a trucker nowerdays?

A few years ago very few people wanted to be a trucker! whats changed??

dont you find it strange that lots of people want/or are thinking about being a trucker nowerdays?

To be honest its something I’ve had at the back of my mind for a long time, I absolutly adore driving thats why I’ve got two jobs, and I enjoy the part time one much more but the money for <3.5t drivers is Pants!

Fare play to you Dan!
I agree trucking has an apeal! but sorry to say a few years ago you would be ashamed to say you drove trucks for a living! I was just trying to work out what has changed? or indeed if it has changed!

TC:
Neil, dont you find it strange that lots of people want/or are thinking about being a trucker nowerdays?

A few years ago very few people wanted to be a trucker! whats changed??

I dont think anything has changed, the only people who would be posting on Trucknet are those that have an interest in trucking. You wouldn’t ask in a shoe shop for a spanner… :smiley:

kalm2kaos:
You wouldn’t ask in a shoe shop for a spanner… :smiley:

depends if your blind or drunk or even blind drunk :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

hi dan welcome to TN where abouts in manchestershire you from :question:

simon

Welcome Dan :smiley:

hi dan welcome to TN where abouts in manchestershire you from

Eccles mate yourself?

Hmm, you work for Interlink Express.

Geopost had trouble recruiting Linehaul drivers around there for the night trunks for Interlink and Parceline. If you don’t mind working nights, and are happy doing a week or twos training in Birmingham, they may put you through your Class 1 although it’ll probably be on a contract where you agree to work for them for so long.

Ask the depot franchisee whether the Linehaul driver is agency or not.

Super Dan:

hi dan welcome to TN where abouts in manchestershire you from

Eccles mate yourself?

Atherton

Welcome Dan. I know what you mean about reading the post’s, thats what started me off all those months ago. I used to pass the time in my boring old office job reading the exploits of folk on here both newbie’s training diaries and the more experienced giving accounts of their trips and life on the road.

Now here I am with C+E licence and start a new job tomorrow :smiley: :smiley:

Cheers,
Paul.

welcome superdan

like your self i work for the nhs at trafford and one day read these pages and saw the adverts in the M>E>N …I passed class 2 and class 1 first time in just 8 weeks,now i do both jobs.doing agency driving class 1…so good luck