hello everyone

this is my first post but ive been reading the new and wannabe posts for along time now. just wanted to say hi to all the guys n gals who make this forum so interesting, and to offer a little hope to those of you still training for tests. i was a complete muppet whilst training couldnt get anything right making silly mistakes all the time, but i eventualy got it together and passed class 2. [3rd time lucky] i was still in shock at the pass when a week later my instructor rang to say he had cancelation for next week so did i want to take class 1. i will never forget the terror i felt driving out of his yard for the 1st time in an artic. four days later i passed. couldent belive it. then came the hard bit. nobody wanted to hire a newly passed driver, i hadnt even driven a van commercialy before [20 years in buiding trade] but eventualy i got a start with driver hire, all crap jobs on rigids but i loved it. 6 months later i got a permanent job on rigids doing long distance uk and europe. been with them over a year now. six weeks ago they put me on artics and im loving it. its taken me 2 years of hard slog to get here from being one of those car drivers who wouldent notice his windscreen was missing unless it was raining. but it was well worth it. i now have a job i enjoy and make good money doing it. so to those of you that are struggeling with the training like i did, keep at it, i wish you all the best of luck.

hi and hello mate, and why you are at it how about some posts on one of the trips that you have done or will be doing in the future,as every ones contributions help to show us all new tricks and ways of doing this job it is not only the new drivers that wish to learn but also us oldies who need to be kept up to date ,as the school day is not finished when you have passed the test,oh no sir it carrys on as a never ending story, so get posting please.

welcome mr jinx to trucknet uk :smiley:

another lurker out of the woodwork :laughing:

jon

Hi mr jinx welcome to TruckNet UK :smiley:

yeah hello mrjinx welcome

Welcome to Trucknet Mr Jinx :laughing:

You have the right name :laughing: :laughing: Welcome to Trucknet.Glad you have come out of the closet. :laughing:

mr jinx:
this is my first post but ive been reading the new and wannabe posts for along time now. just wanted to say hi to all the guys n gals who make this forum so interesting, and to offer a little hope to those of you still training for tests. i was a complete muppet whilst training couldnt get anything right making silly mistakes all the time, but i eventualy got it together and passed class 2. [3rd time lucky] i was still in shock at the pass when a week later my instructor rang to say he had cancelation for next week so did i want to take class 1. i will never forget the terror i felt driving out of his yard for the 1st time in an artic. four days later i passed. couldent belive it. then came the hard bit. nobody wanted to hire a newly passed driver, i hadnt even driven a van commercialy before [20 years in buiding trade] but eventualy i got a start with driver hire, all crap jobs on rigids but i loved it. 6 months later i got a permanent job on rigids doing long distance uk and europe. been with them over a year now. six weeks ago they put me on artics and im loving it. its taken me 2 years of hard slog to get here from being one of those car drivers who wouldent notice his windscreen was missing unless it was raining. but it was well worth it. i now have a job i enjoy and make good money doing it. so to those of you that are struggeling with the training like i did, keep at it, i wish you all the best of luck.

Welcome mr.jinx, what a great post it would be great to hear more of your exploits and it re-inforces what we say about your licence not being a ticket to stardom. It takes years of hard work to make your way up the ranks and gain the right experience needed to do your work of choice.
As a matter of interest how important do you think your experience with rigids was in preparing you for the work you are doing now. It’s a pleasure to hear from a driver who is happy with their lot and a real boost to others who are finding it difficult, hearing a success story from someone who struggled with their training, I did too :wink: .

mr jinx:
eventualy i got a start with driver hire, all crap jobs on rigids

you are not the first and you will not be the last :laughing:

welcome to the online world of trucking (mostly moaning :laughing: )

Welcome to TN

one of those car drivers who wouldent notice his windscreen was missing unless it was raining

And HOW we could all relate to that terminology. :laughing: Welcome.

hi all. thanks for the welcome. its nice to be out of the closet, as some of you put it.
yes ladytrucker679 the time spent on rigids was very important to me. i think it helped build my confidence and you get to know where it will and wont go. im sure if i had jumped strait into an artic after passing test it would of ended in disaster, id probably have killed someone.
im starting to get the hang of reversing now! had to blindside it into a building on thursday, what a nitemare. the idiot guiding me in disapeared behind my trailer ihad to get out and find him. when i was finaly in and parked {3 shunts later} i was wet through with sweat. dont want to go there again.