class 1 neath

hi all dont know if you remember me as I havent posted for a month or so(busy busy busy lol)but after passing my class 2 in march I passed my class 1 on saturday in sunny old neath.Ive been working for a company deliverin glass out of swansea for the last 3 weeks in various rigids and the jobs not that bad at all so the pressure to pass wasnt on the same level as when I sat the class 2 as I had been out of work for 4 months previous due to redundancy and with no money conimg in and a new born baby it was pretty much a case of do or die where as this time around I could afford to fail (yeah right lol).anyway turns out I had the same examiner as on the c2,ken bowen who I have to say was very fair on both tests and put me at ease with plenty of chattin bout rugby and the like,had a couple of nervy moments during the test but all in all went pretty smoothly thanks to thourough instruction recieved from the guys over in crosshands transport training,I had john for c2 and richard for c1.As i mentioned I have just started a new job driving rigids so I cant see me using the c1 for a while yet but it is a real boost to know that if something goes wrong with this job then Ill have a lot more options than before.anyway just thought id keep you all posted on progress and let you know that I havent jumped ship after getting some really usefull info from various members in particular and trucknet site in general-keep up the good work guys

glad you are happy with the service :stuck_out_tongue:

By the way, take a breath :smiley: use the space bar :stuck_out_tongue:

:blush: :blush: so thats what the big button at the bottom of the keyboard is lol :blush: :blush:

Congarts on passing CE mate. :smiley: Helps alot if the examiners are outgoing and chatty and dont just sit there in silence ticking stuff on their clipboard dosen’t it.

well done on class1 pass,glad to hear your still enjoying it.soon change that :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

how did you get a saturday test>?
did you ask for one and if so how much does that cost thesedays?
well done on the pass.
vig

Congratulations on passing class 1 and I am glad
you are enjoying your work crmelwales :smiley: .

Driving test fees -
dsa.gov.uk/SpecialVehicles.asp?cat=164

Well done crmelwales. I did all my training with Crosshands, but it was the other way round for me. My class 2 was paid for by the jobcentre, but I paid for class 1 myself, so the pressure was on there. John did the last bit of my class 1, but all my other instructors have now left - I wonder why :laughing: Nice company - I’ll always recommend them. Never had Ken Bowen for a test - he always took “the other one” when I was there.

If you’re looking for work Ranstad in Swansea were always good with me, and had plenty of variety. Up this way Owens, N R Evans and T D Williams nearly always seem to be looking for drivers. Anyway, good luck whatever! Pob Hwyl!!

Congratulations crmewales, well done! :laughing:

I only got the saturday test because of the bank holiday but im not complaining m8-even with bank hol traffic it was a lot quieter than on the class2,so it might be an idea to get a price.By the way gardun john has also now left crosshands,I was a bit gutted as I had asked to have him for my c 1 but as it turns out richard was a good instructor.cheers for work advice guys Ill bear it in mind

Hey, comgratulations on passing your test mate, Welcome to the world of Bendy’s… :wink: :sunglasses:

If you’re looking for work Ranstad in Swansea were always good with me, and had plenty of variety. Up this way Owens, N R Evans and T D Williams nearly always seem to be looking for drivers.

What “John Pearce” not good enough to mention ■■? We JP Drivers not good enough to be associated with is it ■■? LoL !!! ( I Sooo spelt ascoiated wrong didnt I )

(Yes, you did, so I corrected it with iespell. :smiley: :smiley: Simon)

Ooops forgot to say …Well done mate on passing…

Now get ur ■■■ into a bendy you’ll never look back… Leave the Rigids to people who dont like scratching things…

( Well i personally feel that cars look better without a drivers side mirror more streamlined like and they never use the bloody things anyways )

Reef:
Now get ur ■■■ into a bendy you’ll never look back… Leave the Rigids to people who dont like scratching things…

if you looked back you might stop scratching things :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

crmelwales hadn’t forgotten yer. Well done on becoming a bendy driver.

cheers lads , its been about 3 weeks since I posted this thread and I am still driving the rigids and to be honest im really enjoying it and will probably stay with this company for the rest of the year at least(apperantly we get two solid weeks off for christmas :wink: :laughing: )

BUT I have to admit to feeling a bit jealous when I see arctics on the m/way and I am beginning to yearn for a unit of my own (its basically a lucky dip at this company and it takes a few miles each morning to get used to whatever truck you get )
we have_

A few p and m reg mercs
1 daf with a 4 over 4 split box
1 T reg merc atego and
1 spankin new merc axor (very nice but everyones afraid of being the first to ding it)
so while my heart is saying bendy, my head is saying get a bit more experience and dont walk out on a perm full time job which as a newly passed driver ive been lucky to get.
anyway like I say, cheers for the supporrt guys and if you see a white curtainsider with GLASS SYSTEMS on the side and the driver staring longingly at your artic honk the horn :cry: :laughing: