Just saying hello!

Hello everyone. I’ve been reading the forums for a while now but never posted before.

I’m training with Atlas in Doncaster, passed my theory test last week and my instructor booked me in for my practical at Sheffield on 6th May. I don’t think I’m ready, I’ve only had 6 hours training with 8 more before my test, but if he says I will be ready who am I to argue - he reckons I’m a joy to teach. I doubt I’ll pass but I’ll give it my best shot and keep going until I do.

My plan is to go straight on to class 1, get 2 years experience doing whatever I have to and then go to Canada, where me and my family have wanted to be for the past 5 years. Been out there a few times and just love it.

I know a lot of you will think I’m daft but I’m 44, I’m professionally qualified and hated every minute of my work - I can now say for definite that money isn’t everything. I love driving the trucks, and this is my last chance to get over there. Here’s hoping!

Best wishes everybody.

**:D :smiley: :smiley: Welcome Degsy_g :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:**

If you click the link in my signature it will lead you to an index where you can access a lot of info which may be of use to you :smiley: :smiley:

Hi Degsy_g,welcome,

You’ll find loads of very useful advice on here,I’ve been told that Rog knows what he’s talking about :laughing:
I’m 40 this year and of exactly the same mind as you,Ive a good job-Train driver (ok dont laugh toooooo loud !) but as you say money aint every thing,I want more time with my Grandaughter.
Good luck with your training,and let us know how your getting on.
Simon :smiley:

:smiley: Hi Degsy_g WELCOME.:grimacing:

thegeordie:
…I’ve been told that Rog knows what he’s talking about :laughing:

Hi thegeordie, My Mate Told Me that’s an unsubstantiated rumour at this time, allegedly:grimacing:

Hang on, I think I can hear the jury coming back… :wink:

thegeordie:
You’ll find loads of very useful advice on here,I’ve been told that Rog knows what he’s talking about :laughing:

It was probably ME that said that :open_mouth: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: