New truck time!

Well, I went and did it! Got one of those LF45’s.I must admit that it looks ‘designed’ inside compared to what I’m used to LOL.

I just need to find an air deflector kit now to make the whole thing look like one.

Having phoned a few places - I cannot believe just how rude folk can be when dealing with a woman. I just want to buy an ideally used air deflector and I’ve very nearly had to put the phone down on one guy just now. It’s not like I wanna buy new shoes or a new lippy from them. I do much of my own mechanics so I kinda have some idea of what I’m after but you wouldn’t think so by the tossers at the other end.

Sorry for the rant…

Any suggestions greatly received.as to where I might find a used air deflector kit purleeese :cry:

Which bits do you need?

I took my roof wing to the tip because they were so cheap to buy, was less hassle to bin it. :confused:

Thanks Ian - I need the side deflectors and the cab spoiler. The distance between the body and the cab is 270mm and the height from the cab to the top of the body is about 600mm. Any ideas appreciated :slight_smile:

I’ve just spoken to Hatcher who make all the DAF air kits?dunno? Anyhow, their cab deflector will adjust to 600mm but the side parts are only 100mm deep… 170mm too short. Guess I’m a bit stuffed then :frowning: unless anyone has any other ideas?

You got pics of what you need to cover? I wouldn’t have though the width should be a problem - the boxes should all be 8ft or thereabouts.

Remm:
Having phoned a few places - I cannot believe just how rude folk can be when dealing with a woman. I just want to buy an ideally used air deflector and I’ve very nearly had to put the phone down on one guy just now. It’s not like I wanna buy new shoes or a new lippy from them. I do much of my own mechanics so I kinda have some idea of what I’m after but you wouldn’t think so by the tossers at the other end.

Agreed Remm, what the hell difference does a person’s gender make to a conversation aimed at inquiring about buying an air-deflector? :imp:

Remm:
Sorry for the rant…

:bulb: I’ve seen worse rants than that on here, but it wasn’t bad for a beginner!! :laughing: :wink:

Same old story…if its not the length thats right then its the width!!! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Remm:
…It’s not like I wanna buy new shoes or a new lippy from them…

Love it, now thats NOT a statement you see on this site very often!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

bullitt:
Same old story…if its not the length thats right then its the width!!! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Remm:

Love it, now thats NOT a statement you see on this site very often!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

only from Rob K lol

Haa haa :slight_smile:

bullitt:

Remm:

All I ever wanted at the age of 18 was a parts washer and a mig welder. Most girls are happy with a new handbag! I guess that today I’d have been labelled with gender disphoria.

Ian, thanks for the link. I’ve been most of the way through. great diary of your conversion. Will finish it later.

I don’t have any pics at the minute of the body on the chassis.It should be on in the next couple of days though.It’s sitting on props atm. My only other option might have been to move the rear axle forward 120mm but that’s gunna cost me nearly a grand with the VAT. can’t justify that so that’s way I have to live with a 270mm gap at the front instead. Should say that the box design dictates where in relation to the rear axle it sits.

Great! Can’t wait to see the pics of your box AND your chassis!

Okay okay, i’m sorry…
I’ll ■■■■ off.

Could you not get a deflector kit to go on front of body to fill some of the space?