Vehicle dimensions?

Hello all, I’ve just purchased a Garmin 570lmt for my truck…

Does anyone know the width and length of a daf lf 18 ton skip truck ? Can’t see to find anywhere even on the daf website… If not, I’ll have to measure I guess… Lol thanks

Try using a measuring tape and that will be your answer :grimacing:

Better still you could see if this helps

daf.co.uk/en-gb/trucks/specs … earch-page

Swampey2418:
Try using a measuring tape and that will be your answer :grimacing:

+1 It may be “old tech,” but it fits in the work bag and is 100% accurate, I wouldn’t be without one!

Yep okay, then that I will do, bring out the tape! Lol… Do it before the yard lads get there as they will take the ■■■■ at me standing there measuring my wagon lol

There only jealous… Because I get to drive and there stuck in yard all day sorting ■■■■ for less money… Lol so glad I spent the money and got my licence… It’s already come back … !

MinkyMike:
Yep okay, then that I will do, bring out the tape! Lol… Do it before the yard lads get there as they will take the ■■■■ at me standing there measuring my wagon lol

Sadly the more prepared you are, the bigger & heavier your work bag gets! :wink:

Search on here it’s been talked about before

Listen Minky

When I get out my measuring stick and check the height of the unit & trailer… I might get the laughs from all them ■■■■ takers…I might get the up ems say " theres a height indicator in the cab " I trust no one but myself…

but I wont get into a situation of hitting bridges whilst I’m out…So let em crack on with it…

Swampey2418:
I wont get into a situation of hitting bridges whilst I’m out…So let em crack on with it…

I realise it’s not a luck situation, but I hope you were touching a lot of wood when you typed that! :open_mouth:

65ft long and 2.8 metres wide.

Radar19:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

F-reds:

Swampey2418:
I wont get into a situation of hitting bridges whilst I’m out…So let em crack on with it…

I realise it’s not a luck situation, but I hope you were touching a lot of wood when you typed that! :open_mouth:

Don’t need to touch wood F-Reds… Do it religiously when in a new unit and trailer or trailer swaps…I do have a cap nav with all them bridge height warning but I still check my routes the old fashioned way… ie road atlas …not been caught out yet :grimacing:

Never say never! :grimacing:

Radar19:

Practising for when your ■■■■ swells a couple of inches??

F-reds:

Radar19:

That must be after the training…lmao

F-reds:

Radar19:

Shame it’ll bend in the middle :wink:

Radar19:
Shame it’ll bend in the middle :wink:

You said it mate :laughing: