dont think ill ever get one

alun:
has anyone seen the pics of the new daf xt105
dont think ill ever get one

this one

tnn.co.uk/BigLorryBlog/plone … 585735619#

i think you’re correct, you’ll never get one :confused:

this has been covered before, it is a photoshop piccy very cleverly done

if they did make it and they had them in holland id move there just to drive one and if it looked like that id love it :smiley:

gogzy:
if they did make it and they had them in holland id move there just to drive one and if it looked like that id love it :smiley:

actually, i would buy one and import it over here :smiley:

shuttlespanker:

gogzy:

wouldnt the whole length issue come about if you did that though? you wouldnt be able to pull a 45 footer would you?

gogzy:

shuttlespanker:

gogzy:

wouldnt the whole length issue come about if you did that though? you wouldnt be able to pull a 45 footer would you?

i pull containers mate, not a problem :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

That does look nice but it looks suspiciously too much like a swedish one!!!

Dont they do 45ft boxes where you work then,

V8 Passion:
Dont they do 45ft boxes where you work then,

yes, but there are 2 points here

1. in 2 1/2 years on boxes, i’ve only ever had 1

2. a 45’ box is the load, not the trailer, regardless of whether the box is empty or loaded

as long as the length of the truck and trailer is within the law, the box size does not come into the equation

shuttlespanker:

gogzy:

shuttlespanker:

gogzy:

i pull containers mate, not a problem :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

haha true true
id defo have one if i could. i wanna get a tcab scanny when i can afford my own truck and its actually viable to do it myself (so mayby in like 2014 then)

im sure the company who build the longline scannys still would be able to make the xt if you had enough dosh.

Its the length from the furthest 2 points. The is a fella in Felixstowe with a Scania T CAB and he was stopped at Sawtry with 2 x 20’s on a Nooteboom and was done for being 7inchs over length only way he could carry on was to remove his bottom light bar. so what do you make of that then,

If you were carrying a 45 feet container, wouldn’t you have to extend the under-run bumper, therefore making the combination over length, irrespective of the box?

V8 Passion:
Its the length from the furthest 2 points. The is a fella in Felixstowe with a Scania T CAB and he was stopped at Sawtry with 2 x 20’s on a Nooteboom and was done for being 7inchs over length only way he could carry on was to remove his bottom light bar. so what do you make of that then,

well, if you take the boxes off the trailer, so he was running empty skelly, would he still be overlength?

yes

that’s the problem

the way it works is, if you have a long tractor unit and a short trailer, it is within length, the container is the load, not the trailer

as an example, lets say you was pulling a 45 foot flat behind your Scania V8 ( i presume from your username), you are within length yes?

well, what if you was to put a 55 foot steel beam on the trailer?

if this would make it so that you was liable for prosecution under the length laws, nothing oversize would ever get moved.

with the truck (although a fake) and trailer would be within the length with a 40 foot skelly, if you put a 45 foot box on the skelly, you are still within the law just as much as you would be if you put a 55 foot beam on a 45 foot flatbed trailer.

the other thing to think about, how do the trombone trailers manage it?

they have to stretch the trailer to fit the load, complies with the law.

V8 Passion:

yea but the containers on the noteboom wouldnt have been hanging off the edge of the trailer would it, with a skeletal trailer they would fit perfectly and be in lenght

hell theres a scania longline that i saw last week pulling 2 20`s just outside retford on the a1 northbound so if you have a 40ft trailer you can exquate for the longer nose and it will be in lenght, the trailer can overhang,

gogzy:

V8 Passion:

yea but the containers on the noteboom wouldnt have been hanging off the edge of the trailer would it, with a skeletal trailer they would fit perfectly and be in lenght

hell theres a scania longline that i saw last week pulling 2 20`s just outside retford on the a1 northbound so if you have a 40ft trailer you can exquate for the longer nose and it will be in lenght, the trailer can overhang,

woooo hoooo

someone who agrees with me :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

V8 Passion:

on another note, i’d like to see this lightbar, it must be huge if it sticks out 7 inches from the front of the truck :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

so what do you think the legal max length is for artic. as for your trombone they can only legally be used for loads that are indivisable i.e bridge griders, pipes etc

on the lightbar note it is a standard kelsa with the illuminator lamps which may be inch deeper than the normal cheap ones

this is what i have been saying about the 45 foot box, it is the load NOT the trailer

a 45 foot box is “indivisable” as you put it

as for the Illuminator lamps, yes, they are a deeper lamp than something like the Hella 3000, but the depth is behind the lamp, not infront

but you have to put the 45 box on the front pins or its over length on a sliding skelly :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

which ever way you look at it youll be over length with a 45 foot bax and a long unit :wink: :wink:

there is an O/D who runs out of Thamesport mainly with a rather large red Volvo VN American truck, with a standard sliding skelly in the open position and a 40’ box on, he is technically overlength by about 1’

He has been stopped quite a few times by VOSA and measured, once they have finished all the measuring, he informs them that the container is the LOAD, not part of the trailer, they have not done him for anything in all the time he has been running that truck.

If you want to see a pic of the truck in question, take a look

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=35685