TRUCKFEST 2014

Anybody got any good snaps to share :question: :question: :question:

To get you started, any one no why they are sideways ?

ERF MAN:
To get you started, any one no why they are sideways ?

Turned them for you ERF MAN.

Do you work for Mr Clark?

It doesnt look any better upright

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

kindle530:

It’s alot better looking than some of the ■■■■■ around today. The Scania does’nt look any better, nor different, no matter how much they bugger-about with that front end. Volvo and Renault obviously did’nt include ‘looks’ into their design brief when designing the new FH and T ranges. I recentley changed from a 460 FM to a new Scania, and to be queit honest, i’d have my old EC back tomorrow over both of them. That Olyimpic cab was very underated, and was well designed with more useable space than either the Topline or Globetrotter around at the time. The 530 144 we had in 2002 spent more time in Truckeast than it did on the road, couldnt go a week without something going wrong, the 113 it replaced put it to shame in all departments. King of the road?? Dont make me laugh. :imp:

STRAIGHT EIGHT:
It’s alot better looking than some of the [zb] around today. The Scania does’nt look any better, nor different, no matter how much they bugger-about with that front end. Volvo and Renault obviously did’nt include ‘looks’ into their design brief when designing the new FH and T ranges. I recentley changed from a 460 FM to a new Scania, and to be queit honest, i’d have my old EC back tomorrow over both of them. That Olyimpic cab was very underated, and was well designed with more useable space than either the Topline or Globetrotter around at the time. The 530 144 we had in 2002 spent more time in Truckeast than it did on the road, couldnt go a week without something going wrong, the 113 it replaced put it to shame in all departments. King of the road?? Dont make me laugh. :imp:

Thanks for that Straight eight, it belongs to Clark’s, I bought it at the retro show last year and sold it to them a couple of months ago. They’ve done a lovely job. I drive an ECX and love it. Don’t listen to the fannys with scannys. Dougie Drake

Thanks Dave the Renagade

ERF MAN:
Thanks Dave the Renagade

No problem Dougie, always like to see ERF’s.
Cheers Dave.

ERF MAN:

STRAIGHT EIGHT:
It’s alot better looking than some of the [zb] around today. The Scania does’nt look any better, nor different, no matter how much they bugger-about with that front end. Volvo and Renault obviously did’nt include ‘looks’ into their design brief when designing the new FH and T ranges. I recentley changed from a 460 FM to a new Scania, and to be queit honest, i’d have my old EC back tomorrow over both of them. That Olyimpic cab was very underated, and was well designed with more useable space than either the Topline or Globetrotter around at the time. The 530 144 we had in 2002 spent more time in Truckeast than it did on the road, couldnt go a week without something going wrong, the 113 it replaced put it to shame in all departments. King of the road?? Dont make me laugh. :imp:

Thanks for that Straight eight, it belongs to Clark’s, I bought it at the retro show last year and sold it to them a couple of months ago. They’ve done a lovely job. I drive an ECX and love it. Don’t listen to the fannys with scannys. Dougie Drake

I tought you was going top put some photos of the white ecx up dougie,i google you the other day and saw a couple good snaps on the net :smiley: :smiley:

seth 70:

ERF MAN:

STRAIGHT EIGHT:

I tought you was going top put some photos of the white ecx up dougie,i google you the other day and saw a couple good snaps on the net :smiley: :smiley:

Sorry Seph 70, I did take some nice pictures of it on Friday after is was washed but I’ve been to busy to post them. Will try and find time to do it tomorrow. DD

ERF MAN:

STRAIGHT EIGHT:

Hi Dougie, i had a good look round your ECX at the 1st Retro show, very nice mate, especially with that 525 underneath. I was there that year with the EC11 8x4 tanker i was driving at the time (now sold on and still working hard in kent). Who owned the S Clark EC before, i cant place it at retro?
Chris.

Not many tuckfest 2014 photos ,but plenty of chit chat about erfs ,never mind carry on :wink: :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

kindle530:

Is that because you would’nt know a eaton twin splitter if it bit bit you on the arse■■?
I drove ERF’S for 5 years. yes not glamorous but they certainly sort the men out from the BOYS!!!

seth 70:
Not many tuckfest 2014 photos ,but plenty of chit chat about erfs ,never mind carry on :wink: :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yeh I thought that. I was going to post the ECX pictures on a ERF thread but I could put them on here if you want Seph 70. As for Clark’s EC, it is ex Wrefords and was in the back corner of the REVS stand.
Me and Chris Clark are planing to take our units to Kelsal if I can find something to backload and we will be at retro again as always. Ps mines a 420 but keep it dark

The Erf above looks very nice ,and what a change to see a lorry that’s smart with out too much bull ,I can’t see the attraction of looking at rows and rows of foreign lorries all with the same tat stuck on them ,so well done to mr clark.

Dan Punchard:
The Erf above looks very nice ,and what a change to see a lorry that’s smart with out too much bull ,I can’t see the attraction of looking at rows and rows of foreign lorries all with the same tat stuck on them ,so well done to mr clark.

Wouldn’t of costs near as much too

Dan Punchard:

Dead right, and what they fail to realise is we like ERFs. I like something different, I am driving one out of choice, it’s paid for and if I wanted a modern mass produced truck I would by one. They just don’t get it.

ECX 087 (Small).JPG
ECX 086 (Small).JPG
ECX 085 (Small).JPG
ECX 084 (Small).JPG
ECX 083 (Small).JPG

seth 70:

ERF MAN:

STRAIGHT EIGHT:

There ya go Seph 70