TRUCKFEST 2014

ERF MAN:

seth 70:

ERF MAN:

STRAIGHT EIGHT:
It’s alot better looking than some of the [zb] around today. The Scania does’nt look any better, nor different, no matter how much they bugger-about with that front end. Volvo and Renault obviously did’nt include ‘looks’ into their design brief when designing the new FH and T ranges. I recentley changed from a 460 FM to a new Scania, and to be queit honest, i’d have my old EC back tomorrow over both of them. That Olyimpic cab was very underated, and was well designed with more useable space than either the Topline or Globetrotter around at the time. The 530 144 we had in 2002 spent more time in Truckeast than it did on the road, couldnt go a week without something going wrong, the 113 it replaced put it to shame in all departments. King of the road?? Dont make me laugh. :imp:

Thanks for that Straight eight, it belongs to Clark’s, I bought it at the retro show last year and sold it to them a couple of months ago. They’ve done a lovely job. I drive an ECX and love it. Don’t listen to the fannys with scannys. Dougie Drake

I tought you was going top put some photos of the white ecx up dougie,i google you the other day and saw a couple good snaps on the net :smiley: :smiley:

There ya go Seph 70

Nice machine nice to see something different

ERF MAN:

seth 70:

ERF MAN:

STRAIGHT EIGHT:
It’s alot better looking than some of the [zb] around today. The Scania does’nt look any better, nor different, no matter how much they bugger-about with that front end. Volvo and Renault obviously did’nt include ‘looks’ into their design brief when designing the new FH and T ranges. I recentley changed from a 460 FM to a new Scania, and to be queit honest, i’d have my old EC back tomorrow over both of them. That Olyimpic cab was very underated, and was well designed with more useable space than either the Topline or Globetrotter around at the time. The 530 144 we had in 2002 spent more time in Truckeast than it did on the road, couldnt go a week without something going wrong, the 113 it replaced put it to shame in all departments. King of the road?? Dont make me laugh. :imp:

Thanks for that Straight eight, it belongs to Clark’s, I bought it at the retro show last year and sold it to them a couple of months ago. They’ve done a lovely job. I drive an ECX and love it. Don’t listen to the fannys with scannys. Dougie Drake

I tought you was going top put some photos of the white ecx up dougie,i google you the other day and saw a couple good snaps on the net :smiley: :smiley:

There ya go Seph 70

Thanx for taking the time and effort dougie ,its a credit to you and a very good mobile advert for your company,those back madflaps tidy the back end up but dont you find they kick alot of spray outwards,i pulled a gray adam fridge for a while and they seem to kick out alot more spray,very nice m8 i bet you have no plans to part with it :smiley: :smiley:

Even the run up ramps have no paint missing ,nice :wink: :wink: :wink:

:smiley:

ERF MAN:

Dan Punchard:
The Erf above looks very nice ,and what a change to see a lorry that’s smart with out too much bull ,I can’t see the attraction of looking at rows and rows of foreign lorries all with the same tat stuck on them ,so well done to mr clark.

Dead right, and what they fail to realise is we like ERFs. I like something different, I am driving one out of choice, it’s paid for and if I wanted a modern mass produced truck I would by one. They just don’t get it.

seth 70:
Even the run up ramps have no paint missing ,nice :wink: :wink: :wink:

thanks for the interest, its been painted 5 years but it its not on general haulage but its a working truck and i try to keep it tidy. as for the mud flap you cant really see in the pictures but the spray suppression is on the arches so its ok in the wet. the only problem i find with it is it drags in the dirt when i drop the air to couple up. DD

Did you take it to truckfest

sweet truck haul:
I drove ERF’S for 5 years.

Well you are a hero, i wouldnt expect anything less from you. (well, maybe 6 years)
Whats a splitter? Have i got one on my i-shift?

ERF MAN:

seth 70:

ERF MAN:

STRAIGHT EIGHT:

There ya go Seph 70

a superb example :slight_smile:

cheers
gaz

kindle530:

sweet truck haul:

Well you are a hero, i wouldnt expect anything less from you. (well, maybe 6 years)

No, but with the twin splitter, you’ll get the right gear at the right time, unlike with the I-shift :laughing: :unamused: :wink:

Thats all they buy unfortunatly straight 8, im in manual mode in mine about 90% of the time.

Found this on tinterweb, very nice.

kindle530:

sweet truck haul:

To reiterate in case you didn’t understand my original post, I said ‘eaton twin splitter’ not splitter & I’m sure the many ERF fans on here will confirm that this particular gearbox is a world apart from the 'box’s of today in the likes of Volvo i-shifts…
I just wish people would read the post correctly!

irish lorries:
Did you take it to truckfest

I’ve only ever been to retro show. Every year so far, we like it there.

Gotta laugh, we’re halfway down the second page and still not a mention of Truckfest. Good job for the ERF barracking, at least we’re keeping it the ratings

ERF MAN:
Gotta laugh, we’re halfway down the second page and still not a mention of Truckfest. Good job for the ERF barracking, at least we’re keeping it the ratings

Maybe there should be a erf fest

irish lorries:

ERF MAN:

Gonna try and take the ECX to Kelsal Rally on 22nd June. Me and Chris Clark with the red EC that started us all off down this blind ally. There’s a big turnout of ERFs there this year for the 70th anniversary. We’ll call it ERFest :smiley:

ERF MAN:

irish lorries:

ERF MAN:

Gonna try and take the ECX to Kelsal Rally on 22nd June. Me and Chris Clark with the red EC that started us all off down this blind ally. There’s a big turnout of ERFs there this year for the 70th anniversary. We’ll call it ERFest :smiley:

Were is it at

irish lorries:

ERF MAN:

irish lorries:

ERF MAN:

Were is it at

Kelsal :neutral_face:

Sorry Irish Lorries, couldn’t resist that. Kelsal is just north of Sandbach, the home of ERF and Foden, in Cheshire

May be a bit far to travel for a show I wish they would do a english lorry show over here