NEW TACHO RULES

I`ve been told that some new regulations for the hours rules are on their way, a couple of drivers have mentioned this to me and i was wondering if anyone has also heard about them. if it is true, what changes would you like to see happen.
I would like to see 12 hrs on and 12 hours off no more no less
No reduction in the daily rest
A 45 minute break after 3 hrs driving
No WTD…lets have one set of rules instead of two
And a 45 hr break every week

truckyboy:
I`ve been told that some new regulations for the hours rules are on their way, a couple of drivers have mentioned this to me and i was wondering if anyone has also heard about them.

At your age you really should know better than to listen to drivers. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: It’s BS.

truckyboy:
I`ve been told that some new regulations for the hours rules are on their way,

They are probably the ones by ROG :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

truckyboy:

You sound like you should have a job in brussels , you work shy ? wanting a break every 3 hour :laughing:

truckyboy:
I would like to see 12 hrs on and 12 hours off no more no less
No reduction in the daily rest

You can do all that under the current rules, I know quite a lot of drivers who do just that, or very similar, so no need for change eh?

Do away with the 45 minute break its a pain in the hole as I just sit there bored out my skull dying to get home.

I am more stressed and tired after it.

If I took 45 every 3 hours it would save me a fortune right enough because I could boot her oot as I would never see her, so I am no keeping her.

As for anything else If I want to work 12 hours thats all I will work and as I have told many a boss 9 hours off is for trampers when your local you want a life, no chance.

I do realise its not happening but I thought I would anser anyway.

aranger:
As for anything else If I want to work 12 hours thats all I will work and as I have told many a boss 9 hours off is for trampers when your local you want a life, no chance.

Exactly the way I feel. I’m on days at the mo, and I’m ■■■■■■ off if I don’t get a minimum of 12 hours off per day. I start at 6am every morning and I am in one hell of a mood if I’m out after 6pm. when I was on distance I done all the hours god sent. I was quite happy doing 9 hours rest with three 15’s in a row. Granted, I was ■■■■■■ by the end of the week but what do I need more hours for when I’m tramping? 15’s & 9’s on tramping? No problem. On days? ■■■■ off!

Having had to spend Friday night away from my wife this weekend, because I knew I was 10 minutes short on driving time to get to my yard, I have absolutely no sympathy with your workshy attitude.

aranger:
Do away with the 45 minute break its a pain in the hole as I just sit there bored out my skull dying to get home.

If I took 45 every 3 hours it would save me a fortune right enough because I could boot her oot as I would never see her, so I am no keeping her.

What we need is a bit of flexibility by VOSA when it comes to getting home.

schrodingers cat:
Having had to spend Friday night away from my wife this weekend, because I knew I was 10 minutes short on driving time to get to my yard, I have absolutely no sympathy with your workshy attitude.

aranger:

For the flexibility you require I would read and study Article 12 again and use some poetic licence, providing you don’t do it every Friday or even every month

Counting my travel mate I work around 75 hours a week mon-fri and I was working this morning, I think you should read properly all I am saying is any work over my contracted hours will be my decision I don`t need rules to do it for me.

I would however have a look in the mirror if I was choking to see the wife and I let ten minutes stop me. :laughing:

schrodingers cat:

aranger:

yer 12hrs :grimacing: :grimacing: of flexibility :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Steve-o:

aranger:

Exactly the way I feel. I’m on days at the mo, and I’m ■■■■■■ off if I don’t get a minimum of 12 hours off per day. I start at 6am every morning and I am in one hell of a mood if I’m out after 6pm. when I was on distance I done all the hours god sent. I was quite happy doing 9 hours rest with three 15’s in a row. Granted, I was [zb] by the end of the week but what do I need more hours for when I’m tramping? 15’s & 9’s on tramping? No problem. On days? [zb] off!

i dont mind doing 15 hour shifts but i dont reduce unless i want to (trunking - anyone but tesco). the more company policy BS they introduce the less flexible i am willing to be

scanny77:
i dont mind doing 15 hour shifts but i dont reduce unless i want to

If you do a 15 hour shift you have reduced whether you wanted to or not.

Coffeeholic:

scanny77:

Yeah, but he probably went home and had 11 hours off :laughing:

Wheel Nut:

Coffeeholic:

scanny77:

Yeah, but he probably went home and had 11 hours off :laughing:

But he still had a reduced rest which flies in the face of his I don’t reduce thing. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

I just find it funny when drivers are adamant they won’t do something but are doing it anyway. :wink:

Anything over 13 hours work in any 24 reduces your daily rest. Very simple 24 minus 13 equals 11 one minute over 13 hours and you have reduced your daily rest period, do this more than three times a week and you have broken the law. Get stopped by V.O.S.A and it will probably cost you £200 YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

mike68:
Anything over 13 hours work in any 24 reduces your daily rest. Very simple 24 minus 13 equals 11 one minute over 13 hours and you have reduced your daily rest period, do this more than three times a week and you have broken the law. Get stopped by V.O.S.A and it will probably cost you £200 YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

Which is what I said a few post ago. :wink:

Well it’s not exactly what I said but then again I didn’t want to post incorrect information. It’s not three times per week, you can potentially reduced six times a week. It’s three times between weekly rest periods. The rules only changed nearly 38 months ago so you may not have had time to catch up yet. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Coffeeholic:

mike68:

Which is what I said a few post ago. :wink:

Well it’s not exactly what I said but then again I didn’t want to post incorrect information. It’s not three times per week, you can potentially reduced six times a week. It’s three times between weekly rest periods. The rules only changed nearly 38 months ago so you may not have had time to catch up yet. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks I Didn’t want to state the obvious, you are quite correct. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Coffee…you made me laugh…first time since my boss offered a pay rise…ha ha …i dont always believe the rumours…which is why i thought i would mention them on trucknet first…thyis sorts the rough from the smooth…nice to know theres no truth in them there rumours then…