Any Truth in This?

Have the rules changed in relation to the 45 minute break in particular I am talking about taking your 45 in three 15 minute blocks and as long as 4.5 hrs driving not exceeded then that was legal.

Was listening to a truckstop lawyer :unamused: tuther day telling all and sundry that you NOW have to make one break 15 mins and the other 30 mins …and that the 15 minute breaks x 3 Are now ILEGAL.

Anyone know ? :blush:

you cant take 3x15 anymore, you can have a 15 then a 30 in that order not the other way round

biggusdickusgb:
you cant take 3x15 anymore, you can have a 15 then a 30 in that order not the other way round

Cheers Mate must read the new rules …not had much use for them as a plasterer but have been back 3 weeks and have on occasions used the old 3 x 15 … Will VOSA do me for this or is there a honeymoon period for donuts like me to catch up with the rest of the world :blush:

hardly the most heinous of crimes - really couldn’t see them going after you for that if rest of hours were OK

Yes, the new regs came in in April, half-way through the Easter convoy, just to confuse all those people who never really understood the rules in the first place :slight_smile:

The 15-30 change is designed to stop the “drive for 8 hrs 59 minutes with only 15 minutes break” problem.

Other changes include:

• No need to pay compensation for reduced daily rest
  • 16-hour “spreadover” shifts are no more - the last period of daily rest has to be a minimum of 9 hours
  • Minimum weekly rest now 24 hours wherever you are, but you now have to have a full 45-hour rest every fortnight
  • Must carry tachos for the whole of the current week plus the previous 15 (calendar) days

For the full list of changes, look at the “New Regulations” sticky post at the top of the PDF.

PS: Hope things are going well

MrFlibble:
Yes, the new regs came in in April, half-way through the Easter convoy, just to confuse all those people who never really understood the rules in the first place :slight_smile:

The 15-30 change is designed to stop the “drive for 8 hrs 59 minutes with only 15 minutes break” problem.

Other changes include:

• No need to pay compensation for reduced daily rest
  • 16-hour “spreadover” shifts are no more - the last period of daily rest has to be a minimum of 9 hours
  • Minimum weekly rest now 24 hours wherever you are, but you now have to have a full 45-hour rest every fortnight
  • Must carry tachos for the whole of the current week plus the previous 15 (calendar) days

For the full list of changes, look at the “New Regulations” sticky post at the top of the PDF.

PS: Hope things are going well

Thanks very Much Dave

Dave I am working a 4 on 4 off at the minute so when I start Thursday I will need my charts for that period and the previous 15 calendar days is that right ?

My new boss seems to think I should be carrying 28 days …is he right m8 :confused:

You have 28 days to return them under EU law but must return them within 21 days under UK law. Obviously this is impossible so Vosa apparently won’t mind if you have up to 30 days on you until the UK law is brought into line.

thecoder0:
when I start Thursday I will need my charts for that period and the previous 15 calendar days is that right ?

When you start Thursday you will need all the charts for this week, which I think will be just Thursday’s if you have just finished four days off, and the previous 15 calendar days. That means charts covering the period from, and including, the 15th July.

thecoder0:
My new boss seems to think I should be carrying 28 days …is he right m8 :confused:

Your new boss is jumping the gun a little bit. The rules change again on 01/01/2008, from when you will have to carry the current day plus the previous 28 calendar days.

Coffeeholic:

thecoder0:
when I start Thursday I will need my charts for that period and the previous 15 calendar days is that right ?

When you start Thursday you will need all the charts for this week, which I think will be just Thursday’s if you have just finished four days off, and the previous 15 calendar days. That means charts covering the period from, and including, the 15th July.

thecoder0:

Your new boss is jumping the gun a little bit. The rules change again on 01/01/2008, from when you will have to carry the current day plus the previous 28 calendar days.

Now I DONT understand :blush: :blush:

Coffeeholic:

thecoder0:

thecoder0:

Now just when I thought I understood I realise I don’t,

Coffee if for this week I need thursdays chart and the previous 15 calendar days …how does that take us to the 15TH July ? :confused: :confused:

[quote="thecoder0Now just when I thought I understood I realise I don’t,

Coffee if for this week I need thursdays chart and the previous 15 calendar days …how does that take us to the 15TH July ? :confused: :confused:[/quote]

All of this week plus the 15 calendar days prior to this week[/b, not the 15 days pürior to Thursday]. As you will be starting Thursdaý after 4 days off the only chart you will have for this week will be Thursday. Counting back 15 days from Sunday the 5th August, the last day of last week, takes us to the 15th July.

Coffeeholic:

:confused:Â :? :confused: :confused: :confused:

The current week:

Wed 8th August
Tue 7th August
Mon 6th August

Plus the previous 15 (calendar) days:

1. Sun 5th August
  2. Sat 4th August
  3. Fri 3rd August
  4. Thu 2nd August
  5. Wed 1st August
  6. Tue 31st July
  7. Mon 30th July
  8. Sun 29th July
  9. Sat 28th July
  10. Fri 27th July
  11. Thu 26th July
  12. Wed 25th July
  13. Tue 24th July
  14. Mon 23th July
  15. Sun 22nd July

Takes you to the 22nd July, not the 15th, surely?

Or have I done something monumentally stupid? (probably)

www.vosa.gov.uk/publications/manualsgui … guides.htm

can be downloaded in a PDF file or free from your local testin station annex c is the new drivers hrs as of April 11 2007

As i understand there are more changes to the tach in Jan 2008

MrFlibble:

Coffeeholic:

The current week:

Takes you to the 22nd July, not the 15th, surely?

Or have I done something monumentally stupid? (probably)

Not you, me. I realised when I was back in the truck last night filling out my time sheet, which is a pretty impressive work of fiction BTW, that I had cocked the dates up and I should have said 22nd. It was hammering down with rain and I couldn’t be arsed walking back to the canteen so I could use a computer to correct it. Sorry about any confusion caused. :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: